The Commonwealth of Niveko is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Nigel Blair with an even hand, and renowned for its public floggings, daily referendums, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.588 billion Nivekoans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, with Defense, Environment, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Chelsea. The average income tax rate is 59.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Nivekoan economy, worth 175 trillion Pound Sterlings a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 110,804 Pound Sterlings, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police, gardeners must genetically test weeds for unique traits before digging them up, the only thing slower than the economy is the exchange where it's managed, and cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Niveko's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Niveko was endorsed by The Fiefdom of Insi Karai.
- : Following new legislation in Niveko, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates.
- : Following new legislation in Niveko, the only thing slower than the economy is the exchange where it's managed.
- : Following new legislation in Niveko, gardeners must genetically test weeds for unique traits before digging them up.
- : Niveko endorsed The Glorious and Serene Harmony of Kriov.
- : Following new legislation in Niveko, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police.
- : Following new legislation in Niveko, wealthy pranksters dump refuse on unsuspecting citizens from up high.
- : Following new legislation in Niveko, pandemics are over and done with by the time it takes to pass the nation's stringent border security.
- : Following new legislation in Niveko, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system.
- : Following new legislation in Niveko, plain-clothes police officers follow Dàguó tourists everywhere they go.
Endorsements Received: 76 » Drunken Seal Islands, H-Zhena, Dragons Blood, Evrigenis, Asendavia, Greater New Cassandra, Marrabuk, Brotherland, Zukchiva, Liberstankonia, Horn of Havenkaap, VW53Aland, Socialist Holy American Empire, Libertanny, Tretrid, New Leganes, Am Echad, Ephem, Ridann, Legna, The Empire of Rijelv, The Soviet Space Commie Union, Sunsistan, The Almighty Country, United China Nation, Riveraland, A mean old man, Fellon, Amabilis, Wiranath, BearStackof2015, La xinga, Gunov, BuciLand, Rhealaliit, HinduRashtr, Republic of Berzerkistan, 3 14159265358979323846264, Kampf Empire, Unger under over, Hitaria, East Malaysia, Stellaire Imperiale, Roissyland, Staynes, Rainbow Vests, Khadah, Distro-Spartica, Forktoon, Forro Islands, and 26 others.Broengtopia, Quebec-and-Maritimes, Dark Edgyness, Luisagna, Oofery, Freedom Fascists, Coruh, Markhor, New Amerindia, Acronis, Nevertopia, The Three States of Fortuna, Mays Austrian Nation, EHTYCSCYTHE, Debluu, Tassirion, Axdel, Santa Dystopia, Fontesia, Hellod Immury, Dravida India, Aeoliah, BTProductions, Joundia, Slonful, and Insi Karai.