|Leader||Prime Minister Eleise Birchwood|
The United Socialist States of Nordic Democratic Republic is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Prime Minister Eleise Birchwood with an even hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 5.793 billion Nordics enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Leningrad. The average income tax rate is 95.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Nordic economy, worth 961 trillion Nordic Kroners a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Trout Farming, and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 165,997 Nordic Kroners, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Orphans would rather live their life of luxury than be adopted by prospective parents, the aims of top-secret Nordic science projects revolve around designing the perfect robot woman, doctors ask for written consent before making eye contact with patients, and school football matches are usually five-a-side. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nordic Democratic Republic's national animal is the Polar Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Åsatro.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nordic Democratic Republic's influence in Northern Utopia fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Dealmaker".
- : Nordic Democratic Republic's influence in Northern Utopia rose from "Dealmaker" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Nordic Democratic Republic was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : The Indivisible Republic of Grenopia granted Appearance, Embassies, and Polls authority to Nordic Democratic Republic and renamed the office from "Attorney General" to "Vice President of Northern Utopia" in Northern Utopia.
- : Nordic Democratic Republic was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments and the Top 10% for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Nordic Democratic Republic was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Safest.
- : Nordic Democratic Republic was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Skeld.
- : Nordic Democratic Republic was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Nordic Democratic Republic was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations and Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Nordic Democratic Republic, school football matches are usually five-a-side.