The Republic of Norport is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by President Francis with an even hand, and notable for its ubiquitous missile silos, anti-smoking policies, and daily referendums. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 9.579 billion Norportians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Law & Order, and Defense also on the agenda, while Welfare isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bridgewalk. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 41.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Norportian economy, worth a remarkable 1,672 trillion Norport Dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 174,570 Norport Dollars, with the richest citizens earning 6.8 times as much as the poorest.
The "temporary replacement bus service" is now a permanent fixture, high school bands practice by moonlight, school lessons are constantly interrupted by 'teacher needs a break' time, and colonists who were promised new lands find only war-torn devastation. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Norport's national animal is the Owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Norport was endorsed by The People's Republic of Abadong.
- : Norport was endorsed by The Commonwealth of The Cture.
- : Norport endorsed The Armed Republic of The United Neo American Union.
- : Norport was endorsed by The Armed Republic of The United Neo American Union.
- : Following new legislation in Norport, colonists who were promised new lands find only war-torn devastation.
- : Following new legislation in Norport, school lessons are constantly interrupted by 'teacher needs a break' time.
- : Following new legislation in Norport, high school bands practice by moonlight.
- : Following new legislation in Norport, the "temporary replacement bus service" is now a permanent fixture.
- : Following new legislation in Norport, the government recently donated a surfboard to an impoverished family in a landlocked region.
- : Norport endorsed The Confederacy of Eagas.
Endorsements Received: 90 » A Slanted Black Stripe, Todd McCloud, Bachtendekuppen, New Leganes, Dragonia, Lanagon, Kaigi, Goodnamesarerare, Mundiferrum, Roissyland, Brotherland, Freedom Fascists, Aelitia, Dremaur, Democrosis reborn, Asendavia, ReeK, Survivoristan, Ribanzi, Skandinavistan, Xhaco, Harapan, Wendelandia, H-Zhena, Am Echad, Kangarawa, Aristortia, Greater New Islew, Sicilla, Sansangra, The Holy Empire of Moronica, Fedele, Izonno, Wiranath, Danesopia, Republika ng Pilipinas, Socialist Holy American Empire, Mastariere, Ver Norge, Someseni, Ravendi, Dreshand, Dark Edgyness, British Calradia, Axdel, Bulli, Marrico, Hizuru, Grand Rheinland, Squid Ruinosa, and 40 others.The Shorter Union, Republic of Berzerkistan, The Happian Union, Tim Stark, Ridann, Thyaclinia, Davelands, Lejon Stad, Eastern Hyront Scasssen, Dpispitir, Kucia, Neruch, Gluponija, The Angel of Charity, Superior Indonesia, Arkantis, Rhealaliit, Janoobi Jazair, VW53Aland, Broengtopia, BearStackof2015, Stellar Colonies, Union of Technocratic Republic, Talitoa, Verketa, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Just Vale 2, Guthra, The United Asian Republics, Justice-Becoming, Pakitsk, VoyKovie, Aleister, Funkadelia, Kilkire, America Mjolnir, Eagas, The United Neo American Union, The Cture, and Abadong.