The Holy Empire of North Insomnia is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Mad Loser with a fair hand, and remarkable for its otherworldly petting zoo, national health service, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 4.24 billion North Insomnians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Headachent. The average income tax rate is 96.9%.
The frighteningly efficient North Insomnian economy, worth 780 trillion piastres a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 184,054 piastres, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Piracy is the nation's most popular pastime, marijuana is legal in the privacy of your own home, giggling teens are asked to put their mouths on rubber dolls, and people talk about things being better when men were men. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. North Insomnia's national animal is the dragon, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is ourselves.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : North Insomnia was endorsed by The Vivancantadian Kartaganra of Technocratic Tagalog.
- : North Insomnia was endorsed by The Pax Stellarum of Stellar Colonies.
- : North Insomnia was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Nevertopia.
- : Following new legislation in North Insomnia, people talk about things being better when men were men.
- : Following new legislation in North Insomnia, giggling teens are asked to put their mouths on rubber dolls.
- : Following new legislation in North Insomnia, marijuana is legal in the privacy of your own home.
- : North Insomnia was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in North Insomnia, piracy is the nation's most popular pastime.
- : North Insomnia was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in North Insomnia, invasive drug testing is now performed at elementary school sports days.
Endorsements Received: 65 » H-Zhena, Someseni, Dark Edgyness, Brotherland, Wiranath, Axdel, Hizuru, Galve, BearStackof2015, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Talitoa, Am Echad, Kilkire, Pakitsk, The United Neo American Union, Kangarawa, VW53Aland, Libertanny, Dragons Blood, Eagas, A Slanted Black Stripe, East Malaysia, Marrabuk, United China Nation, Rhealaliit, Ridann, Squid Ruinosa, Evrigenis, Kalaratri, Freedom Fascists, Rainbow Vests, Republic of Berzerkistan, Roliganistan, Asendavia, Merlovich, Rage Mage, Zukchiva, Kevduxia, Ripsylvania, Fellon, Tretrid, The Eternal Land of Jong, Rohanland, Lingu, BuciLand, The Three States of Fortuna, Staynes, Raunch, Puelo, Jakubonia, and 15 others.Mays Austrian Nation, TM-Jesselton, Sovietsoyuz, Greater New Cassandra, Imprisoned Freeman, Tseriesiscoming, Servants of Gizmo, Filipopol, A mean old man, Santa Dystopia, Survivoristan, Under Sea Desert, Nevertopia, Stellar Colonies, and Technocratic Tagalog.