|Leader||First Marshal Andronikos|
The Grand Militariat Republic of Nova-Columbia is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by First Marshal Andronikos with an even hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, parental licensing program, and pith helmet sales. The hard-nosed, devout population of 6.567 billion Columbians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tiir. The average income tax rate is 67.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Nova-Columbian economy, worth a remarkable 1,094 trillion Mazyrs a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 166,713 Mazyrs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Many friends and relatives of First Marshal Andronikos have been given ambassador jobs in tropical island nations, doctors who mutter "Oh my God" often lose their medical license, the best way to be heard in politics is to speak softly and carry a big comedy prop, and police officers that upset their bosses get assigned to 24 hour stakeouts of bike sheds. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nova-Columbia's national animal is the Columbian Falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Trivere.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nova-Columbia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Nova-Columbia was endorsed by The Fanciful Tales of Refuge Isle.
- : Nova-Columbia was endorsed by The Pax Stellarum of Stellar Colonies.
- : Nova-Columbia was endorsed by The Republic of Sunsistan.
- : Nova-Columbia was endorsed by The Parrot Excommunigate of Libertanny.
- : Nova-Columbia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Nova-Columbia was endorsed by The Holy Santa EndorseLIBERTANNY of Evrigenis.
- : Nova-Columbia was reclassified from "Moralistic Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Nova-Columbia was endorsed by The Second Republic of Tretrid.
- : Nova-Columbia was endorsed by The Democratic People's Republic of Santa Dystopia.
Endorsements Received: 20 » Wiranath, BearStackof2015, Rainbow Vests, H-Zhena, Mays Austrian Nation, Liberstankonia, La xinga, Oofery, Ridann, West Allastivina, Brotherland, Zukchiva, Merlovich, Santa Dystopia, Tretrid, Evrigenis, Libertanny, Sunsistan, Stellar Colonies, and Refuge Isle.