|Leader||Umar Ibn al-Sa'id|
The Enlightened Emirate of Nueva Rico is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Umar Ibn al-Sa'id with a fair hand, and renowned for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, anti-smoking policies, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 9.292 billion Nueva Ricoans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Moncóvila. The average income tax rate is 97.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Nuyorican economy, worth a remarkable 1,477 trillion dinars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 158,981 dinars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Graffiti graces every city's streets, endangered species face obesity instead of extinction, asking 'does my bum look big in this?' leads to 30 hours of self-esteem classes, and authorities are looking for a stool pigeon to rat out who is stealing food from pigeon toilets. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Nueva Rico's national animal is the dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Islam.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nueva Rico lodged a message on the Conch Kingdom Regional Message Board.
- : Nueva Rico voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Convicted Voters".
- : Nueva Rico voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Quebecshire".
- : Following new legislation in Nueva Rico, authorities are looking for a stool pigeon to rat out who is stealing food from pigeon toilets.
- : Following new legislation in Nueva Rico, asking 'does my bum look big in this?' leads to 30 hours of self-esteem classes.
- : Following new legislation in Nueva Rico, endangered species face obesity instead of extinction.
- : Following new legislation in Nueva Rico, graffiti graces every city's streets.
- : Following new legislation in Nueva Rico, election results are often delayed for weeks to count the expat votes.
- : Nueva Rico endorsed The Free Land of Washiwa.
- : Nueva Rico endorsed The Holy Empire of Kalanu.
Endorsements Received: 71 » Socialist Platypus, Duby, Liberto-Ancapistan, Pervincia, Balan Bar, Dyrland, Zuelong, Land of Legacy, Gatorstan, Oktadonia, Untied States of Matter, Cle Brait, Stustu, The Spook Who Sat By The Door, Ciapore, Lislandia, El Blurkistan, Kurczak Mielony, Charville, Aelandi, Nova Briton, GreatBritannia, Creditopia, Primis Tenebris, Cyzixraqab, Saint Killebrew, Vivenxistan, The Free City of Nelson, Hubdova, Wakaru, The Psittacines, Skoorb, Hockeyyekcoh, Werstonal, BadBitchVille, Clownclub, The sovereign provinces of Mesha, Hamptoria, Erithian, Devonigondwana, GibmeMoney, Eastern Starbowie, Seolia, Ziroxeut, Nibelia, Commuba, Terra Valor, Tolerian Empire, Deblar, Jossel, and 21 others.Ruotsaland, StarGaiz, Elythrea, Cramboria, Redamia, Loveable Dogs, Great Luirokitanea, Covoicotheval, United Cyber Tech, Swiss Hommousionopia, Sweola, Washiwa, Her Majesty Silver Garden, Flamboyant Fanboys, Tentoria, The Capitalist China Party, Aerospace And Freedom, Holy Boaiggim, The Unified Pumaxi, Litorauria, and Azaman.