The United Kingdom of Obridles is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its anti-smoking policies, infamous sell-swords, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 344 million Obridlesians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Environment, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 59.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Obridlesian economy, worth 11.4 trillion francs a year, is quite specialized and led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Tourism, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 33,012 francs, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Vehicular homicide by Obridlesian ambassadors is a leading cause of death throughout the world's capital cities, recorded music can be rented but not bought from record companies, doctors are trying to diagnose diseases by looking at their patients' Snipchat pictures, and some say Leader has gone MAD after authorizing the development of apocalyptic biological weapons. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Obridles's national animal is the fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Obridles was endorsed by The Queendom of Alttaea.
- : Obridles was endorsed by The Free Land of Anarchica landia.
- : Obridles was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs and Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Obridles endorsed The Free Land of Eagle Crest.
- : Obridles endorsed The Holy Capitalist Haven of La xinga.
- : Following new legislation in Obridles, some say Leader has gone MAD after authorizing the development of apocalyptic biological weapons.
- : Following new legislation in Obridles, doctors are trying to diagnose diseases by looking at their patients' Snipchat pictures.
- : Following new legislation in Obridles, recorded music can be rented but not bought from record companies.
- : Following new legislation in Obridles, vehicular homicide by Obridlesian ambassadors is a leading cause of death throughout the world's capital cities.
- : Following new legislation in Obridles, wildlife have trouble navigating the electric fences surrounding national forests.
Endorsements Received: 66 » Pakitsk, Greater New Cassandra, A mean old man, VW53Aland, Zukchiva, Brotherland, Marrabuk, Adavan, Aeljae, Adioration, New Leganes, Abacas, Albrook, A Slanted Black Stripe, Dravida India, Modra, Staynes, Asendavia, Adolanta, North Bernia, Debluu, Oofery, Lorrana, Espeon LD, Axdel, Wiranath, Akorial, East Malaysia, BearStackof2015, Republic of Berzerkistan, The Three States of Fortuna, 3 14159265358979323846264, Airrajul, Enlil, Distro-Spartica, Wallenburg, Abtracnt, FreedomIand, Santa Dystopia, The Kulaata Islands, Acronis, Technocratic Tagalog, Spiruvania, Ridann, Mays Austrian Nation, Nevertopia, Arasakami, Arunika, Arcarum, Anfair, and 16 others.Bai Lung, Barfleur, Beausylvana, Bharatewa, Arouran, Pirnovo, ArenaC, Azureano, Layngderfleethe, Auckland and Wellington, From New World, Biingus, La xinga, Eagle Crest, Anarchica landia, and Alttaea.