|Capital||People's Revolutionary City of Ogros|
|Leader||Great Helmsman Multala|
|Faith||Socialism with Ogrosian characteristics|
The People's Democratic Republic of Ogrosia is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Great Helmsman Multala with an iron fist, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, keen interest in outer space, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 1.465 billion Ogrosians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of People's Revolutionary City of Ogros. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 63.8%.
The powerhouse Ogrosian economy, worth 170 trillion People's Rubles a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, fairly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 116,664 People's Rubles, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 348,432 per year while the poor average 30,568, a ratio of 11.4 to 1.
New urban roads are threatening city parks, police pull people off the street for even mentioning the word plane, vacationing Ogrosians expect to be treated as royalty, and nuclear warheads are frequently launched into space as a warning to invading meteoroids. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ogrosia's national animal is the Lumpsucker, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Socialism with Ogrosian characteristics.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ogrosia was endorsed by The Kingdom of Estonia-Livonia.
- : Ogrosia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Ogrosia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Ogrosia, nuclear warheads are frequently launched into space as a warning to invading meteoroids.
- : Following new legislation in Ogrosia, vacationing Ogrosians expect to be treated as royalty.
- : Following new legislation in Ogrosia, police pull people off the street for even mentioning the word plane.
- : Following new legislation in Ogrosia, new urban roads are threatening city parks.
- : Following new legislation in Ogrosia, there's no such thing as a safe bet.
- : Following new legislation in Ogrosia, visitors to Ogrosia are microchipped and must be escorted by an Ogrosian soldier - even to the bathroom.
- : Following new legislation in Ogrosia, troublemakers just happen to be reassigned to distant mining operations.
Endorsements Received: 25 » Swasal, Grand Termina, Sorentia, Criume, Vennos, North Palm, Cournat, The Taklamakan Desert, Dudislovakia, Liguraland, Nudistonia, New Bigland, Pellon Wesaurps, Prussian Nation, Europaterre, Chora orbis, Kullan, Rockafa, Kulapeki, Zorroa, Etreon, Grexia Tay, Lindrodia, Serbersia, and Estonia-Livonia.