The Commonwealth of Pastern is a massive, cultured nation, renowned for its unlimited-speed roads, irreverence towards religion, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.405 billion Pasternians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. The average income tax rate is 72.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Pasternian economy, worth 304 trillion Dollars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 126,412 Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Incidents involving lethal string attacks have gone way up, businesses are abandoning the city centre because of the lack of transport connections, builders across Pastern are blocked up with orders for new public loos, and warfare increasingly resembles a video game. Crime is totally unknown. Pastern's national animal is the Crab, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Pastern, warfare increasingly resembles a video game.
- : Following new legislation in Pastern, builders across Pastern are blocked up with orders for new public loos.
- : Following new legislation in Pastern, businesses are abandoning the city centre because of the lack of transport connections.
- : Following new legislation in Pastern, incidents involving lethal string attacks have gone way up.
- : Following new legislation in Pastern, East Lebatuckese astronauts' favorite game during downtime on the Multinational Space Station is 'I Spy'.
- : Following new legislation in Pastern, the state considers itself the 'third parent' of every child in the nation.
- : Following new legislation in Pastern, internet searches for the inventor of the three-wheeled steam-powered Pasternian weed picker are way up.
- : Following new legislation in Pastern, the nation was recently voted "most likely to betray its allies".
- : Pastern was endorsed by The Squelching Undead of Bhang Bhang Duc.
- : Following new legislation in Pastern, scientists earn more grant money for reproducing old experiments than trying anything new.
Endorsements Received: 62 » Bran Astor, Kisovec, Fumafuma, Sensorland, Westwind, Fujai, DiscGolfLand, Gryphonian Alliance, Liberillia, Papercuts and Skittles, Atheist States of Philippines, Ferroia, Kittenlicious, Shaktirajya, The Undivided, Pandaland II, Dilber, Akshireuya, United States of Northern America, Mathematania, Cro Magnon, Fuentana, The Fourth Redoubt, Win Mints, Greynne, Wickedly evil people, Pandaland III, Coung Komands, Barcocoland, Acropylae, Fielure, Nedtherland, Nevafornia, New Democratic Republic of Russia, Tropical Isles, Sindria, Euarsia, Einherfell, Kiensu, Nieubasria, Arracrania, IndyCar Racing, Plankstein, Mediobogdum, Anuubis, Thevinia, Comia Noracon, Emark, Giovanniland, Gracelantia, and 12 others.Arvladma, Hamburg Neo, BIteland, Santos-Dominius, Aldesport, Sirulinuck, Newfieisland, Wild Wild 100s, Dalimbar, Pi Island, Ahssn, and Yaspica.