|Leader||A Random Leader|
The Democratic United Islands of Pellon Wesaurps is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by A Random Leader with an even hand, and notable for its ubiquitous missile silos, keen interest in outer space, and otherworldly petting zoo. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 6.182 billion Pellonese are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized, corrupt, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Wesaurpsalan. The average income tax rate is 87.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Pellonese economy, worth a remarkable 1,342 trillion monies a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized black market in Information Technology, Tourism, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 217,091 monies, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The wealthiest parts of the country receive the most government spending, the Pellonese Intelligence Agency relies on internet search engines to know what is happening overseas, newlywed misogynists complain about their wives keeping their maiden names, and rare art has become a significant factor in negotiating all foreign trade agreements. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Pellon Wesaurps's national animal is the Bichon Frisť, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Pellonism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pellon Wesaurps's influence in Sonindia rose from "Zero" to "Truckler".
- : Pellon Wesaurps lost WA Delegate status in Friends Renting.
- : Pellon Wesaurps relocated from Friends Renting to Sonindia.
- : Pellon Wesaurps updated the World Factbook entry in Friends Renting.
- : Pellon Wesaurps cancelled the closure of embassies between Friends Renting and Plum Island.
- : Pellon Wesaurps aborted construction of embassies between Friends Renting and The Black Hawks.
- : Pellon Wesaurps abolished the regional flag of Friends Renting.
- : Pellon Wesaurps became WA Delegate of Friends Renting.
- : Pellon Wesaurps's influence in Friends Renting rose from "Zero" to "Vassal".
- : Pellon Wesaurps was endorsed by The Free State of Befreitland.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Befreitland.