|Leader||Emperor Ilan II|
The Empire of Pendors is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Emperor Ilan II with a fair hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, pith helmet sales, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 2.745 billion Pendorsians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Berden. The average income tax rate is 71.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Pendorsian economy, worth 415 trillion Shekels a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 151,235 Shekels, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The "war on terror" doesn't seem to be making Pendorsians any less frightened, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, nude art is becoming wildly popular, and Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Pendors's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Judaism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Pendors, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity.
- : Following new legislation in Pendors, nude art is becoming wildly popular.
- : Pendors was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Dizgovzy.
- : Pendors voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Nuremgard".
- : Pendors was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Pendors voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Integrity in Law Enforcement".
- : Pendors endorsed The Republic of Peabodia.
- : Pendors was endorsed by The Republic of Peabodia.
- : Following new legislation in Pendors, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight.
- : Following new legislation in Pendors, the "war on terror" doesn't seem to be making Pendorsians any less frightened.
Endorsements Received: 22 » Indian Genius, Fishergate, Besancia, Rushenberg, Giant Redwoods, Hulldom, Marvinville, Le Caldreaux, Freytoria, ASEAN Nations, Islonia, Korsinia, The Peoples Caribbean Union, World Trade, The Marconian State, Lemonadia, Flandronia, Emazia, Broustan, Rivogna, Peabodia, and Dizgovzy.