The Jingoistic States of Perpetuam is a huge, orderly nation, remarkable for its zero percent divorce rate, pith helmet sales, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 646 million Perpetuamians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Constance. The average income tax rate is 91.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Perpetuamian economy, worth 61.1 trillion Ecus a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. Average income is 94,513 Ecus, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Hiding wrinkles with make-up is illegal, student athletes gaze forlornly at abandoned Salamanderball fields, patriots insist that size does matter, and police officers often conceal their identities to safeguard against public complaints. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Perpetuam's national animal is the Salamander, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Perpetuam, police officers often conceal their identities to safeguard against public complaints.
- : Perpetuam endorsed The Protectorate of Opossum Slayer.
- : Following new legislation in Perpetuam, patriots insist that size does matter.
- : Following new legislation in Perpetuam, student athletes gaze forlornly at abandoned Salamanderball fields.
- : Perpetuam was endorsed by The Protectorate of Opossum Slayer.
- : Following new legislation in Perpetuam, hiding wrinkles with make-up is illegal.
- : Perpetuam was endorsed by The Dynastic Imperium of Atlia Sonis.
- : Perpetuam endorsed The Dynastic Imperium of Atlia Sonis.
- : Following new legislation in Perpetuam, the "swords to plowshares" policy has created a generation of farmers that can kill a yak from 200 yards away.
- : Perpetuam was endorsed by The Empire of Zakrevskaya.
Endorsements Received: 67 » H-Zhena, Fedele, Davelands, Izonno, A Slanted Black Stripe, Axdel, VW53Aland, Wiranath, Bachtendekuppen, Osterreich und Ungarn, Danelaw Scandinavia, Brotherland, The Holy Utopian Republic, Gorbastan, Elejamie, Hizuru, Shavara, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, Restoration of Eastern Kaiserreich, Kampf Empire, Danesopia, Headpat Central, Pulmonaria, The Earth Systems Alliance, Socialist Holy American Empire, Baumdahl, Roissyland, Talitoa, The Holy Empire of Moronica, The Angel of Charity, Republic of Berzerkistan, Tim Stark, Aelitia, Pakitsk, Rhealaliit, New Birblands, Janoobi Jazair, Stellar Colonies, Marrico, Kilkire, Valdwall, BearStackof2015, Just Vale 2, Ravendi, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Todd McCloud, Enlil, Neruch, Am Echad, Arkantis, and 17 others.Karatol-Advenra, Justice-Becoming, Kingdom of Pars, Brethren, Aleister, Funkadelia, Baxa, Upper Saust Latiegebestica, Guthra, America Mjolnir, Ridann, The United Neo American Union, Euricanis, The New Wisconsin Empire, Zakrevskaya, Atlia Sonis, and Opossum Slayer.