The Confederacy of Philip Coulson is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Director Coulson with an iron fist, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, zero percent divorce rate, and complete lack of prisons. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 3.507 billion Shield Agents are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Industry, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Triskellion. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 42.3%.
The frighteningly efficient A Shield Agent economy, worth 328 trillion ICERS a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Retail, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 93,690 ICERS, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 304,758 per year while the poor average 21,700, a ratio of 14.0 to 1.
Convicted murderers are free to walk the streets provided they attend rehabilitation classes, criminals rejoice in the streets as the entire police force is sent away on a training retreat, family bonding sessions are considered immoral and are banned, and news headlines usually include p-values. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Philip Coulson's national animal is the Zephyr, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is The Kree.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Philip Coulson was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Philip Coulson's influence in The Pacifican Banhammer rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : Philip Coulson's influence in The Pacifican Banhammer rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Philip Coulson's influence in The Pacifican Banhammer rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Philip Coulson's influence in The Pacifican Banhammer rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Philip Coulson's influence in The Pacifican Banhammer fell from "Handshaker" to "Squire".
- : Philip Coulson's influence in The Pacifican Banhammer rose from "Zero" to "Handshaker".
- : Philip Coulson relocated from The Rejected Realms to The Pacifican Banhammer.
- : Philip Coulson altered its national flag.
- : Philip Coulson's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".