The Kingdom of PlanetMercury is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Freddie Mercury with an iron fist, and notable for its pith helmet sales, feral children, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 2.374 billion PlanetMercuries are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bulsara. The average income tax rate is 70.0%.
The frighteningly efficient PlanetMercuryian economy, worth 380 trillion pounds a year, is mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 160,279 pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
Rocket scientists spend more time designing slide shows than launching rockets, Freddie Mercury claims tax rises are the result of 'curses', the "swords to plowshares" policy has created a generation of farmers that can kill a yak from 200 yards away, and more sidewalk is dedicated to animals than people. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. PlanetMercury's national animal is the Cat, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : PlanetMercury was endorsed by The Kotori RvB and Miss Lina fan of Nordic-British Union.
- : Following new legislation in PlanetMercury, more sidewalk is dedicated to animals than people.
- : Following new legislation in PlanetMercury, the "swords to plowshares" policy has created a generation of farmers that can kill a yak from 200 yards away.
- : Following new legislation in PlanetMercury, Freddie Mercury claims tax rises are the result of 'curses'.
- : Following new legislation in PlanetMercury, rocket scientists spend more time designing slide shows than launching rockets.
- : Following new legislation in PlanetMercury, little children cry as their rainbow drawings are seized by the Straight-Thought Police.
- : Following new legislation in PlanetMercury, government officials go door-to-door educating about the dangers of pseudoscience.
- : Following new legislation in PlanetMercury, the revelation that people were sexist in the past is apparently front page news.
- : Following new legislation in PlanetMercury, corporate lawyers are switching careers to the more lucrative field of green politics.
- : Following new legislation in PlanetMercury, a speech a day keeps climate change away.
Endorsements Received: 168 » The AnCap Pirate Utopia, Francois Isidore, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Omnistria, Yokciq Empire, Aerilia, Orado, Lulubellia, Great Bights Mum, Guer Aike, Barabolia, Votak Matim, Sundred, Dar es Saalam, Republica Guilleana, Zemnaya Svoboda, Valgarda, The Democratic Kingdom Of Skaraborg, Hamerica, Shibutani, Travislavania, Venicea, Former English Colony, Corfad, Bharathvarsh, North Bratislava, Koda-Land, The Rhein States, Iberia y las Colonias, Star Kingdom, Zzozona, New Lakemba, Cretox State, Siwale, Hardscrabble, Territorio di Nessuno, McMasterdonia, Yaorozu, Illusia and Neverendia, El Fiji Grande, Svenskan, Valentine Z, Ellbonnia, The Tampa Bay Rays, The Endless Eventide, Xentherida, Free Salvation, Bankowiata, Empy, Wilkshire, and 118 others.Sachi, The Pantheons, Wisconsota, Nodnarb, Svenskskit, Dreadton, Notyoutopia, Runeda, Just Vibin, Pallaith, Sikol, Loutsland, Colfes, Minich, Kragsgale, Frances Francis the First of France, North Unity, Ravendi, Imperial Pieserged, Maott, Heilhum Imperius, Madjack, Interdimensional Zone, Wapistan, Wineclaw, Sanjurika, Figyjharli, WeKnow, Trumpski, Andexia, Selfgradatude, The Ultimate Republic, The Republic of Free Peoples, Aryan Homeland, Dangine, Muqatil, Kromi, Sunto, Nation1812, East Akra, Siforpeo, Lol2639, Pleroma Sans Romans, Chips and Guac, Shotokonia, Sil Dorsett, Simone Republic, Aingard, The Teddy, Viviser, Xagill, Blyskalia, Yellops, Tyirza, Kranostav, Super Girl, Holy Oranz, BTProductions, Xyrron, The Mazur Empire, Clan Spaniel, Kazoo Basin, San Felipe, Libertania Democratica, Ethnon, Pasargad, Nova Arcania, Draconian Progression, Climeria, Mon Island, Strongwill, Steampunk Ariel, ForestMythal, Korean-Joseon, New Celoveniortan, Viridiann, Folenz, Religioncord, Darkmondoria, Centrialand, Britle, Planes, Seanat, Capablanca, Tsandonown, Atlunartemis, AmManies, Ootasa, Holy Empire of Greater Bavaria, Defense For The World Assembly, Libvillia, Katuda, Greater Ale Permars, Ariele, Novremia, Fraystonia, Merconitonitopia, Boston Castle, Andanavia, Kastonvia, Card Kingdom, Kinitopia, Sopernia, Apollo Park, Shadowrik, Bearical, Drueste, Fizban, Unshleepd, Jaxikistan, Outer Shenendoah, Sahriastan, Lionia, The Blazeland Administration, Que Lukustinardon, Zdagoburg, The Calabash Protectorate, and Nordic-British Union.