The Republic of Pokoreniye is a massive, safe nation, renowned for its infamous sell-swords, irreverence towards religion, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.557 billion Pokoreniyeans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 75.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Pokoreniyean economy, worth 197 trillion Pokoreniye Rubles a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 77,273 Pokoreniye Rubles, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Protests are legal but strictly supervised, battlefield gains are quickly lost when enemies don't respect a time-out, couples kissing on the street are detained for 'unlawful exchange of genetic material', and hundreds of subterranean tunnels are being built as part of "Project Morlock". Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pokoreniye's national animal is the Black Mamba, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Pokoreniye, hundreds of subterranean tunnels are being built as part of "Project Morlock".
- : Following new legislation in Pokoreniye, couples kissing on the street are detained for 'unlawful exchange of genetic material'.
- : Following new legislation in Pokoreniye, battlefield gains are quickly lost when enemies don't respect a time-out.
- : Following new legislation in Pokoreniye, protests are legal but strictly supervised.
- : Pokoreniye was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Pokoreniye was endorsed by The Free Land of Namaste Isle.
- : Following new legislation in Pokoreniye, children are often punished for the sins of the fathers.
- : Following new legislation in Pokoreniye, people find it hard to relate to soldiers because of the dehumanising masks they wear.
- : Following new legislation in Pokoreniye, trust-fund babies line up for places in community college.
- : Following new legislation in Pokoreniye, the government tries not to listen to the people unless it absolutely has to.
Endorsements Received: 52 » Marrabuk, Todd McCloud, Brotherland, East Malaysia, H-Zhena, Wiranath, VW53Aland, New Leganes, Evrigenis, Rhealaliit, Am Echad, BearStackof2015, Ridann, Merlovich, Zukchiva, Pakitsk, Tretrid, Axdel, Dragons Blood, The Three States of Fortuna, Ripsylvania, The Eternal Land of Jong, Mays Austrian Nation, A mean old man, Santa Dystopia, Greater New Cassandra, Ephem, Horn of Havenkaap, La xinga, Rainbow Vests, Forro Islands, Coruh, BuciLand, Oofery, Sunsistan, Asendavia, Staynes, FreedomIand, Acronis, EHTYCSCYTHE, Nevertopia, Debluu, Tassirion, ArenaC, Rhothstan, Aeoliah, Insi Karai, Lorrana, Eastern Alksearia, Modra, and 2 others.North Bernia, and Namaste Isle.