The Republic of Qaracukhur is a huge, genial nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, compulsory military service, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 734 million Qaracukhurians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The medium-sized, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Metropolis. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 33.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Qaracukhurian economy, worth 79.7 trillion Papers a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Basket Weaving, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 108,543 Papers, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 386,253 per year while the poor average 21,960, a ratio of 17.6 to 1.
A fashion designer has been arrested for inciting hatred after claiming redheads couldn't pull off vermillion, lifeguards are more concerned with watching for sharks than struggling swimmers, seven-year-olds debate for weeks on the merits of the Oxford comma, and people think garlic bread counts as one of their "five a day". Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Qaracukhur's national animal is the Shark, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Qaracukhur was endorsed by The Free Land of Namaste Isle.
- : Qaracukhur was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Qaracukhur was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Qaracukhur was endorsed by The I Endorsed Zukchiva Have You of Modra.
- : Qaracukhur was endorsed by The Shadow of Eastern Alksearia.
- : Qaracukhur was endorsed by The People's Republic of Lorrana.
- : Following new legislation in Qaracukhur, people think garlic bread counts as one of their "five a day".
- : Qaracukhur was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Compulsory Consumerist State".
- : Following new legislation in Qaracukhur, seven-year-olds debate for weeks on the merits of the Oxford comma.
- : Qaracukhur voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Assemble".
Endorsements Received: 27 » A mean old man, Zukchiva, H-Zhena, VW53Aland, Mays Austrian Nation, EHTYCSCYTHE, New Leganes, Debluu, The Three States of Fortuna, Tassirion, Coruh, Ridann, Oofery, Evrigenis, Axdel, Brotherland, Santa Dystopia, Hellod Immury, Rainbow Vests, Dragons Blood, Sunsistan, Tretrid, BearStackof2015, Lorrana, Eastern Alksearia, Modra, and Namaste Isle.