The Rogue Nation of Quwoe is a huge, cultured nation, remarkable for its compulsory vegetarianism, ban on automobiles, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 428 million Quwoeans are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kalkowae. The average income tax rate is 55.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Quwoean economy, worth 26.9 trillion wrokes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, quite specialized black market in Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, Basket Weaving, and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 62,783 wrokes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Community-designed sword prostheses are becoming dangerously common, the number of deaths due to poor fungus identification is mushrooming, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, and they say that Leader's personal computer is full of naked pictures of the Emperor of Maxtopia. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Quwoe's national animal is the Griffin, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Quwoe, they say that Leader's personal computer is full of naked pictures of the Emperor of Maxtopia.
- : Following new legislation in Quwoe, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.
- : Following new legislation in Quwoe, the number of deaths due to poor fungus identification is mushrooming.
- : Following new legislation in Quwoe, community-designed sword prostheses are becoming dangerously common.
- : Following new legislation in Quwoe, students who do not recite the national anthem each morning have to drop and give their teacher 50.
- : Quwoe endorsed The Democratic States of Bortheria.
- : Quwoe was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments and Most Cultured.
- : Quwoe was endorsed by The Democratic States of Bortheria.
- : Following new legislation in Quwoe, weighted heels are added to military boots to ensure diminutive celebrities meet minimum requirements.
- : Following new legislation in Quwoe, Maxtopian tourists make expensive pilgrimages to Kalkowae to enjoy their national art.
Endorsements Received: 40 » Recon Island, New Fania, Valentian Elysium, The Soylent Green Party, Kuriko, Ignis Cinere, Wysrod, United East Republics, Randopian, Krystalveil, Ao Kuang, Northern Nivaria, The Republic of Osea, Aspistania, Alen-roshh, Medetas, Nooooooooooooooo, Republic of Karskarovyt, Evertopia, Discotheque, Grimmywelsh, Tills, Isentran, Maalemzya, Itic, United Kingdom of Selesnia, Mulia Easamandringordia, Slaytania, Lite-Brites, Leprechaun Gold, Dustwind, Grungerock, Anisopterra, Greenmont Federation, Xemja, Vivolkha, The Pizza, Point Comfort Colony, Drewish, and Bortheria.