|Leader||King Ryan I|
The Kingdom of Rebels and Saints is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by King Ryan I with an iron fist, and notable for its frequent executions, parental licensing program, and state-planned economy. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 1.159 billion Americans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Denver. The average income tax rate is 51.7%.
The all-consuming American economy, worth 128 trillion dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, broadly diversified black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Woodchip Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 110,749 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.1 times as much as the poorest.
Major internet servers have acquired citizenship, engineers preemptively order lawyers after every power cut, health-conscious denizens drink their dogs' water, and online tourism reviews of Rebels and Saints are suspiciously positive and amazingly similar. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rebels and Saints's national animal is the fer-de-lance, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Rebels and Saints, online tourism reviews of Rebels and Saints are suspiciously positive and amazingly similar.
- : Rebels and Saints changed its national animal to "fer-de-lance", its capital to "Denver", its leader to "King Ryan I", and its motto to "A man is only as great as his ambition.".
- : Following new legislation in Rebels and Saints, health-conscious denizens drink their dogs' water.
- : Following new legislation in Rebels and Saints, engineers preemptively order lawyers after every power cut.
- : Rebels and Saints was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- : Rebels and Saints lodged a message on the The united nations of liberalia Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Rebels and Saints, major internet servers have acquired citizenship.
- : Following new legislation in Rebels and Saints, most ambassadors from Rebels and Saints retire only a few years after being appointed.
- : Following new legislation in Rebels and Saints, Americans are free from pain - but the side effects include loss of individual thought and freedom.
- : Following new legislation in Rebels and Saints, hipster cyclists declare that "metal is dead".