The Free Land of Redamia is a huge, cultured nation, renowned for its daily referendums, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 217 million Individuals are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 68.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Redamian economy, worth 12.9 trillion Luxems a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is 59,426 Luxems, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Traveller camps regularly block five-lane superhighways, the nation threatens sanctions on islands only visible at low tide, people seem disproportionately distraught when told a museum has a phones-off policy, and ersatz chicken has left the nation's citizens with a bad taste in their mouths. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Redamia's national animal is the Titanboa, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Redamia, ersatz chicken has left the nation's citizens with a bad taste in their mouths.
- : Redamia changed its national nation type to "Free Land".
- : Redamia changed its national currency to "Luxem" and its demonym to "Individual".
- : Redamia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom of dress".
- : Following new legislation in Redamia, people seem disproportionately distraught when told a museum has a phones-off policy.
- : Following new legislation in Redamia, the nation threatens sanctions on islands only visible at low tide.
- : Following new legislation in Redamia, traveller camps regularly block five-lane superhighways.
- : Following new legislation in Redamia, people often get liposuction to reduce their air fares.
- : Following new legislation in Redamia, Individuals submit requests for a date in writing with an enclosed RSVP card.
- : Redamia was endorsed by The Colony of Kalanu.
Endorsements Received: 61 » Duby, Hubdova, Cramboria, Eastern Starbowie, Hockeyyekcoh, Primis Tenebris, The sovereign provinces of Mesha, Seolia, Swiss Hommousionopia, Aelandi, Devonigondwana, Charville, Kurczak Mielony, Balan Bar, Nibelia, Socialist Platypus, Elythrea, Lislandia, Terra Valor, Loveable Dogs, Danimpalia, Great Luirokitanea, GreatBritannia, Stustu, Zuelong, Tolerian Empire, The Spook Who Sat By The Door, Cyzixraqab, The Free City of Nelson, The Orange Microwaves, Ciapore, BadBitchVille, Kiyadimundika, Gatorstan, Commuba, Cle Brait, United Cyber Tech, Covoicotheval, El Blurkistan, The Psittacines, Liberto-Ancapistan, Vivenxistan, StarGaiz, Oktadonia, United States Of Florida, Ziroxeut, Pervincia, Locotima, Boettger, Wakaru, and 11 others.Sweola, Her Majesty Silver Garden, Tentoria, Nueva Rico, The Capitalist China Party, Holy Boaiggim, Aerospace And Freedom, Litorauria, Ienia, Azaman, and Kalanu.