The Federal Republic of Republic remmnant is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by president universe with a fair hand, and notable for its infamous sell-swords, prohibition of alcohol, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 6.162 billion Republic remmnantians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt morass — juggles the competing demands of Environment, Social Policy, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of rome. The average income tax rate is 92.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Republic remmnantian economy, worth 825 trillion bits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, extremely specialized black market in Information Technology and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 134,000 bits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Cogitators and mass debaters are skiving off work to hang around the National Symposium Park, sales of trenchcoats are on the rise, immigrants who carry knives on them are presumed to be chefs, and future forecasters fearfully discuss grey goo and human obsolescence. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Republic remmnant's national animal is the eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Republic remmnant was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Republic remmnant was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Republic remmnant's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Republic remmnant's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in Republic remmnant, future forecasters fearfully discuss grey goo and human obsolescence.
- : Republic remmnant was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Republic remmnant ceased to exist in Osiris.
- : Republic remmnant's influence in Osiris rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Republic remmnant was endorsed by The Republic of Emlay.
- : Republic remmnant was endorsed by The Inlustris of Rigels Light.