The Benevolent Dictatorship of Resoland is a huge, efficient nation, ruled by Kingpin with an even hand, and renowned for its digital currency, frequent executions, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed population of 875 million Resolandians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Thult. The average income tax rate is 53.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Resolandian economy, worth 47.8 trillion Js a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, extremely specialized black market in Trout Farming and Arms Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 54,616 Js, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Tourists are forbidden to enter Native Resolandian lands, the national security service are a bunch of crooks, 90% of active duty RAF personnel have been laid off and replaced by robot kill-drones, and parties that are too noisy are broken up to prevent disturbing wildlife. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Resoland's national animal is the Emperor Penguin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Resoland was endorsed by The Empire of Wyrdas.
- : Resoland was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of Execution Hill.
- : Resoland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather and Most Income Equality.
- : Following new legislation in Resoland, parties that are too noisy are broken up to prevent disturbing wildlife.
- : Following new legislation in Resoland, 90% of active duty RAF personnel have been laid off and replaced by robot kill-drones.
- : Following new legislation in Resoland, the national security service are a bunch of crooks.
- : Following new legislation in Resoland, tourists are forbidden to enter Native Resolandian lands.
- : Following new legislation in Resoland, things are looking up for patients accidentally prescribed erectile dysfunction medication.
- : Resoland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commercial Arbitration Recognition".
- : Following new legislation in Resoland, concussed Emperor Penguinball players cannot remember their lineup position.