The Empire of Rototornik is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Stanislav Zelko with an iron fist, and notable for its infamous sell-swords, otherworldly petting zoo, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 16.942 billion 'Tornikians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Education, Law & Order, and Industry also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Environment are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Miscarcand. The average income tax rate is 99.2%.
The frighteningly efficient 'Tornikian economy, worth an astonishing 14,282 trillion Torniks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, broadly diversified black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is a breathtaking 843,007 Torniks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The military has forsaken terrestrial warfare, trouble-makers are frequently turned in to the government to be 'recycled', the government has become increasingly militant, and excited shovel-bearing geeks wander the countryside. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rototornik's national animal is the Nigershrimp, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways, and its national religion is Orthodox Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Rototornik, excited shovel-bearing geeks wander the countryside.
- : Following new legislation in Rototornik, the government has become increasingly militant.
- : Following new legislation in Rototornik, trouble-makers are frequently turned in to the government to be 'recycled'.
- : Following new legislation in Rototornik, the military has forsaken terrestrial warfare.
- : Following new legislation in Rototornik, 'Tornikian tourists are banned from many nations due to their tendency to randomly explode.
- : Following new legislation in Rototornik, the government has stated an intention to min-max its stats for 'teh pwnage'.
- : Following new legislation in Rototornik, the Party has more splits than a yo-yo dieter's trousers.
- : Following new legislation in Rototornik, foreign governments regularly accuse the 'Tornikian military of war crimes.
- : Following new legislation in Rototornik, traffic cops spend most of their work-hours calculating citizens' monthly income.
- : Following new legislation in Rototornik, the military patrols the streets in search of possible secessionists.