The Dominion of Sadnec is a huge, genial nation, remarkable for its state-planned economy, compulsory military service, and irreverence towards religion. The democratic population of 694 million Sadnecians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Welfare, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 31.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Sadnecian economy, worth 22.3 trillion utios a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Trout Farming, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 32,139 utios, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sadnec's national animal is the Eagle.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sadnec's influence in The Region Of Gargery rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Sadnec's influence in The Region Of Gargery rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Sadnec's influence in The Region Of Gargery rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Sadnec's influence in The Region Of Gargery rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Sadnec's influence in The Region Of Gargery rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Sadnec altered its national flag.
- : Sadnec relocated from Lazarus to The Region Of Gargery.
- : Sadnec was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Sadnec ceased to exist in The Region Of Gargery.
- : Sadnec's influence in The Region Of Gargery fell from "Squire" to "Page".