The Republic of Safas is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Storm with an even hand, and remarkable for its pith helmet sales, sprawling nuclear power plants, and aversion to nipples. The hard-nosed population of 4.323 billion Saffers have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government prioritizes Education, although Law & Order, Industry, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. The average income tax rate is 50.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Safasian economy, worth 606 trillion Rand a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 140,395 Rand, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
People regularly disappear off the streets and all evidence of them is destroyed, tourists outnumber citizens two to one, new safety regulations require all cars manufactured in Safas to be bombproof, and political detractors refer to Storm as 'that Bigtopian puppet'. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Safas's national animal is the Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Safas, political detractors refer to Storm as 'that Bigtopian puppet'.
- : Safas was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Safas, new safety regulations require all cars manufactured in Safas to be bombproof.
- : Following new legislation in Safas, tourists outnumber citizens two to one.
- : Following new legislation in Safas, people regularly disappear off the streets and all evidence of them is destroyed.
- : Following new legislation in Safas, everyone suspects that everyone else is a terrorist.
- : Safas was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector and Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Safas was endorsed by The Reaving Skallywag of Commodore Badger.
- : Following new legislation in Safas, Safasian husbands are dead good at fathering kids.
- : Following new legislation in Safas, fruit pickers with degrees in Tiger psychology are a common sight.
Endorsements Received: 35 » Aelitia, Asendavia, Bullpups, Survivoristan, H-Zhena, Am Echad, Ver Norge, Brotherland, Fedele, The Happian Union, Davelands, Bachtendekuppen, Wiranath, Axdel, Someseni, BearStackof2015, VW53Aland, Hizuru, Roissyland, Janoobi Jazair, Todd McCloud, Ravendi, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Pakitsk, Funkadelia, Kilkire, The United Neo American Union, Kangarawa, Libertanny, Escade, Marrico, Staynes, Sericena, Republic of Berzerkistan, and Commodore Badger.