The Republic of San Gavino is a massive, cultured nation, remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, complete absence of social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 1.439 billion Gavinoans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, although Industry, Administration, and Law & Order are also considered important, while Welfare and International Aid are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ironmont. The average income tax rate is 46.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient San Gavinoan economy, worth 154 trillion Crowns a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Trout Farming. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 107,445 Crowns, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
The wheel has been patented by at least a hundred people, garishly-decorated government buildings are being hailed as the height of 'religious nouveau', ice-filled coffins are ominously positioned in the corner of every hospital ward, and it is often said that only Leader could bring down Dàguó. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. San Gavino's national animal is the Mustang, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Violetism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in San Gavino, it is often said that only Leader could bring down Dàguó.
- : Following new legislation in San Gavino, ice-filled coffins are ominously positioned in the corner of every hospital ward.
- : San Gavino endorsed The Republic of United Western Federation.
- : San Gavino was endorsed by The Republic of United Western Federation.
- : Following new legislation in San Gavino, garishly-decorated government buildings are being hailed as the height of 'religious nouveau'.
- : Following new legislation in San Gavino, the wheel has been patented by at least a hundred people.
- : San Gavino endorsed The Republic of Nothru Lerple.
- : San Gavino was endorsed by The Republic of Nothru Lerple.
- : Following new legislation in San Gavino, a third of Gavinoans are e-certified CEOs.
- : San Gavino's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
Endorsements Received: 99 » Shin-Hachioji, Alunya, El Fiji Grande, Runeda, Sinelona, Bearical, Loutsland, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Yaorozu, Ethnon, Trillius, Spartoptia, Zumlandia, Sunto, Selfgradatude, Xzavia-Hjar, Sundred, Koda-Land, Lesbian Femdom, The Rhein States, Guer Aike, Corfad, Daiz, Makersaulache, Dar es Saalam, Notyoutopia, Omnistria, Sockmanland, Shibutani, Sheldanada, Federation Terra Australis, Dreadton, North Bratislava, Kasazzastan, Lunallian, PotatoFarmers, New Bremerton, PlanetPunk, Duerrlewang, Siwale, Victoriaans Nederlands, The Tampa Bay Rays, Warcaa, Territorio di Nessuno, New Octicarg, Grimandia, Cuyan, New Lakemba, Quebekistand, Partax, and 49 others.Jasminlandia, Test for a new hope, 1 very fast endotarter, McMasterdonia, Great Bights Mum, Kwaj, Torakuen, Shadowrik, Wineclaw, General COE, Holy Oranz, Steampunk Ariel, Frie Annium, Glurponia, Pallaith, Frances Francis the First of France, Orven, Guslantis, The Stratosphere Islands, Great Robertia, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Sil Dorsett, Black Templares, Aratani, Ponantine, Maott, Racoda, Pasargad, Prydania, Wisconsota, Calsolato, Gnomewatchers, The Nation that will win Soops for 9003, Newpromisedland, Amauri, Potestasia, Kaschovia, Moubarakistan, The Pantheons, Eteles, Great Javadwipa, Joodey, Abject Ludicrosity, Darcania, Gorundu, Pleroma Sans Romans, Xentherida, Nothru Lerple, and United Western Federation.