The Kingdom of Scarriaa is a huge, safe nation, notable for its compulsory military service, hatred of cheese, and punitive income tax rates. The cynical population of 859 million Scarriaans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 70.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Scarriaan economy, worth 31.7 trillion Arias a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 36,957 Arias, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, dining out often involves Brown Lions on the plate no matter what you order, government employees have reverted to carrier pigeon due to never-ending virus scans, and the tenet of free speech is held dear. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Scarriaa's national animal is the Brown Lion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Scarriaa lodged a message on the The Allied Nations Regional Message Board.
- : Scarriaa approved the World Assembly proposal "Condemn The Black Hawks".
- : Scarriaa published "WORLD ASSEMBLY DELEGATE Executive Order of War" (Bulletin: Policy).
- : Scarriaa's influence in The Allied Nations rose from "Instigator" to "Dealmaker".
- : Scarriaa was reclassified from "Moralistic Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Scarriaa updated the World Factbook entry in The Allied Nations.
- : Scarriaa proposed constructing embassies between The Allied Nations and Independence Hill.
- : Following new legislation in Scarriaa, the tenet of free speech is held dear.
- : Scarriaa was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Moralistic Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Scarriaa, government employees have reverted to carrier pigeon due to never-ending virus scans.
Endorsements Received: 1 » The Rolandia Republic.