The Principality of Schelemeketew is a huge, efficient nation, remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, pith helmet sales, and triple-decker prams. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 760 million Schelemeketewians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Healthcare, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Zablooga City. The average income tax rate is 68.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Schelemeketewian economy, worth 58.9 trillion Kolurs a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Automobile Manufacturing, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 77,558 Kolurs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Mathematicians are hated by children across the country, soldiers on first dates introduce themselves only by their ranks and serial numbers, teachers are routinely tested to keep their jobs, and jabbing a baby's bottle at officials gets parents waved straight through immigration. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Schelemeketew's national animal is the Big Floppa, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Schelemeketew voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Fairness in Collective Bargaining"".
- : Schelemeketew voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The Embassy"".
- : Following new legislation in Schelemeketew, jabbing a baby's bottle at officials gets parents waved straight through immigration.
- : Following new legislation in Schelemeketew, teachers are routinely tested to keep their jobs.
- : Following new legislation in Schelemeketew, soldiers on first dates introduce themselves only by their ranks and serial numbers.
- : Following new legislation in Schelemeketew, mathematicians are hated by children across the country.
- : Following new legislation in Schelemeketew, Dogman-branded weapons are all the rage in the militaristic comic-book community.
- : Schelemeketew was endorsed by The Sororal Republics of Wallenburg.
- : Schelemeketew was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Schelemeketew, recorded music can be rented but not bought from record companies.
Endorsements Received: 35 » Evrigenis, Mays Austrian Nation, VW53Aland, New Leganes, H-Zhena, Brotherland, Coruh, Markhor, Oofery, Zukchiva, Ridann, Roissyland, A mean old man, Azureano, Pakitsk, Asendavia, East Malaysia, Pantheropolis, Rainbow Vests, Acronis, Tretrid, Greater New Cassandra, Dragons Blood, The Three States of Fortuna, EHTYCSCYTHE, Tassirion, Debluu, Axdel, Santa Dystopia, Dravida India, La xinga, BearStackof2015, Eastern Alksearia, Lorrana, and Wallenburg.