|Leader||Elder Cedric Pearson|
|Faith||Cult of the Angel of Combustion|
The Nomadic Peoples of Scouria is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Elder Cedric Pearson with an even hand, and remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, unlimited-speed roads, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, devout population of 1.375 billion Scourians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Zarathan Prime. The average income tax rate is 69.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Scourian economy, worth 146 trillion Embers a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 106,223 Embers, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Foreign leaders with unpaid parking tickets are often refused entry, the Scourian delegation to the World Assembly is having a hard time convincing people that international law will "pay for itself somehow...", frightened witnesses and seriously ill jurors wear the same handcuffs as the defendant, and citizens no longer take selfies with their dead relatives at funerals. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Scouria's national animal is the Svörngak, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Cult of the Angel of Combustion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Scouria, citizens no longer take selfies with their dead relatives at funerals.
- : Following new legislation in Scouria, frightened witnesses and seriously ill jurors wear the same handcuffs as the defendant.
- : Following new legislation in Scouria, the Scourian delegation to the World Assembly is having a hard time convincing people that international law will "pay for itself somehow...".
- : Following new legislation in Scouria, foreign leaders with unpaid parking tickets are often refused entry.
- : Following new legislation in Scouria, nuclear physics is the most popular course at university.
- : Following new legislation in Scouria, the endangered saltwater humpback Svörngak is only seen in captivity programs.
- : Following new legislation in Scouria, politicians "baring all" for the camera isn't always a figure of speech.
- : Following new legislation in Scouria, future forecasters fearfully discuss grey goo and human obsolescence.
- : Following new legislation in Scouria, the government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting.
- : Following new legislation in Scouria, a traveller who once stubbed a toe on an 'Air Brancaland' flight has been offered asylum.
Endorsements Received: 139 » Newpromisedland, El Fiji Grande, Territorio di Nessuno, Corfad, Shibutani, Notyoutopia, Pallaith, The Rhein States, Sinelona, Siwale, Buckerino, Alunya, Shin-Hachioji, Abiswashyo-bhumi, Yaorozu, Shadowrik, Black Templares, Saturns Edge, Ninjak30, Omnistria, Great Bights Mum, Dreadton, Napnomadia, North Bratislava, Koda-Land, Frances Francis the First of France, Acrabinnia, Guslantis, Sundred, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Ibiscaton, Wineclaw, Fayyayid, Kwaj, New Bremerton, Holy Oranz, Sil Dorsett, Jasminlandia, Maott, Zemnaya Svoboda, Solmetria, Steampunk Ariel, Ethnon, Sunto, Egalico, Dar es Saalam, Kasazzastan, Federation Terra Australis, PlanetPunk, Q w e r t y, and 89 others.Plangainer, Guer Aike, New Pruessen, Spartoptia, Sea Ghost, United Draconia, Selfgradatude, Pasargad, Steraz, Trillius, Pleroma Sans Romans, Joodey, Torakuen, Arcoriposa, Soviet Terran, General COE, Unimaginable Doom, Unsophisticate, Victoriaans Nederlands, 1 very fast endotarter, Kulgatha, Ikea Rike, Moubarakistan, Aratani, Niradans, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Haor Chall, Noahs Second Country, Former English Colony, Rynion, Test for a new hope, Loutsland, Elder Realms, GRANDE IMPERIO ORIENTAL PAGAO EUDUARDO, Wilkshire, Xentherida, Constantinolia, Valhalla123, Kobagia, Zumlandia, Xzavia-Hjar, Glurponia, Partax, Bearical, Penrith, Vincone Cae, Utopicican, Runeda, Daiz, Abject Ludicrosity, The Tampa Bay Rays, Sockmanland, Amauri, Makersaulache, Lunallian, Duerrlewang, New Octicarg, Cuyan, McMasterdonia, Orven, The Stratosphere Islands, Juggernautilus, Racoda, Ponantine, Nakayo, Wisconsota, Calsolato, The Nation that will win Soops for 9003, Gnomewatchers, Kaschovia, Angshire, Miruma, Kranostav, Yukti, PotatoFarmers, Loli County, Nothru Lerple, Pazair, Orado, The Iron Lions, Seenvorland, Avenged Sevenfoldia, Clan Spaniel, Dabarastan, United Kahndaq, Viridiann, Afcon, Zyvetskistaahn, and Opstan.