|Leader||Holy Emperor Sebastian Deshayes|
The Holy Empire of Sebastiania is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Holy Emperor Sebastian Deshayes with an iron fist, and renowned for its frequent executions, ubiquitous missile silos, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 1.797 billion Sebastianians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kungaholmen. The average income tax rate is 85.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Sebastianian economy, worth 223 trillion Kronor a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 124,339 Kronor, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The military is researching proton packs and PK-meters to combat "unseen enemy forces", heretic deviants are free to practice their deviance outside of Sebastiania, the nation's poor can be seen scavenging trash bins for used coffee grounds, and crossbow bolts fill the skies if so much as a sparrow flies overhead. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sebastiania's national animal is the Wolf, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Sebastiania, crossbow bolts fill the skies if so much as a sparrow flies overhead.
- : Sebastiania published "The Great Celtic War" (Factbook: History).
- : Following new legislation in Sebastiania, the nation's poor can be seen scavenging trash bins for used coffee grounds.
- : Following new legislation in Sebastiania, heretic deviants are free to practice their deviance outside of Sebastiania.
- : Following new legislation in Sebastiania, the military is researching proton packs and PK-meters to combat "unseen enemy forces".
- : Following new legislation in Sebastiania, intellectual snobbery has the cognoscenti sneering at anyone who doesn't have an opinion on the semiological drift of Umberto Eco's works.
- : Following new legislation in Sebastiania, the revelation that people were sexist in the past is apparently front page news.
- : Following new legislation in Sebastiania, the "temporary replacement bus service" is now a permanent fixture.
- : Following new legislation in Sebastiania, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit.
- : Following new legislation in Sebastiania, the nation's politicians are known more for the internet memes they spawn than any of their accomplishments.
Endorsements Received: 162 » Territorio di Nessuno, Aerilia, Notyoutopia, Kragsgale, Wilkshire, Orado, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Lulubellia, Ravendi, Great Bights Mum, Sundred, Loutsland, Selfgradatude, Corfad, Dreadton, Rainengrad, El Fiji Grande, North Bratislava, Outer Shenendoah, Hamerica, Elvoreto, Zzozona, Newpromisedland, Koda-Land, Crusadam, Draconian Progression, Ethnon, Navsland, Siwale, Shibutani, Hardscrabble, Kocherian, Yaorozu, New Lakemba, Prydania, The Peoples Republic of Kyle, United Kahndaq, The Tampa Bay Rays, Simone Republic, Omnistria, The Rhein States, Former English Colony, Republica Guilleana, Zaeli, Joodey, The Endless Eventide, Maclare, Chips and Guac, Cretox State, Guer Aike, and 112 others.Fauzjhia, Brucklania, Empy, PotatoFarmers, Runeda, Interdimensional Zone, Andexia, Highton Islands, Heilhum Imperius, Xagill, Dar es Saalam, Sil Dorsett, Votak Matim, Kranostav, Merconitonitopia, Unsophisticate, WeKnow, The Democratic Kingdom Of Skaraborg, Religioncord, Frances Francis the First of France, U S Eh, Yokciq Empire, Seenvorland, Sikol, Jerzykowo, Dabarastan, Vincone Cae, Morover, Valentine Z, Bankowiata, Pytong, Kazoo Basin, Xipher, Pallaith, Khoik, 1 very fast endotarter, Holy Oranz, The Stratosphere Islands, Sunto, Shadowrik, Pasargad, The Iron Lions, Imperial Pieserged, PEG, Vivanco, Northern-Kempia, Innocentic, The Pantheons, Sevinland, Wineclaw, Yellops, Maratabat, Shinjuku tokyo 0, Supreme Leader Hadrian, Eywaan, Libertania Democratica, Railroad Crossing, The Serdey Islands, Slyakanya, East Akra, Odelinor, Nodnarb, Daiz, Climeria, Seijitsu, Colfes, Blyskalia, Port Naga, Venicea, Godwanna, Bharathvarsh, Svenskskit, Strongwill, His Enduring Majesty, Illusia and Neverendia, Wisconsota, Star Kingdom, Xentherida, Planes, Madjack, The Mazur Empire, The AnCap Pirate Utopia, Sachi, Nalver And, McMasterdonia, Moubarakistan, Barabolia, Vesteysia, Francois Isidore, Valgarda, Figyjharli, Zemnaya Svoboda, Maott, Wapistan, Sanjurika, Trumpski, Travislavania, Dangine, Questann, Lol2639, Siforpeo, Shotokonia, Super Girl, Xyrron, Clan Spaniel, Boston Castle, Uzbek Khan, Aryan Homeland, BTProductions, Steampunk Ariel, Alexander the Magnus, and Mon Island.