The Oh My GOD! What were they thinking! He's a MODERATOR! of Sedgistan is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Sedge with a fair hand, and remarkable for its ubiquitous missile silos, complete lack of prisons, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 22.924 billion Sedgistanis live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, liberal, pro-business, outspoken individuals is effectively ruled by the Department of Education, with Spirituality and Welfare not funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rockall. Income tax is unheard of.
The enormous but sluggish Sedgistani economy, worth a remarkable 2,083 trillion pounds a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Soda Sales, Book Publishing, and Information Technology. Average income is 90,894 pounds, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 590,374 per year while the poor average 5,577, a ratio of 105 to 1.
No one knows how to tie a reef knot, the nation is known abroad mostly for its Parliamentary antics, the government has completely eliminated all childcare programs, and computer users are buried daily in thousands of unsolicited emails. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Sedgistan's national animal is the greyhound, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sedgistan's influence in The Moon rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Sedgistan's influence in The Moon rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Sedgistan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Sedgistan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry and the Top 10% for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry and Largest Insurance Industry.
- : Sedgistan lost the position of The Moon WA Delegate to The Pinktastic Coffee Loving Grand Dutchy Queendom of the Most Magnificent Moddess of Crazy girl.
- : Sedgistan lost the endorsement of The Pinktastic Coffee Loving Grand Dutchy Queendom of the Most Magnificent Moddess of Crazy girl.
- : Sedgistan endorsed The Pinktastic Coffee Loving Grand Dutchy Queendom of the Most Magnificent Moddess of Crazy girl.
- : Sedgistan approved the World Assembly proposal "Commend Yggdrasil".
- : Sedgistan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Canterlot".
- : Sedgistan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend the Rejected Realms".
Endorsements Received: None.