The Oh My GOD! What were they thinking! He's a MODERATOR! of Sedgistan is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Sedge with a fair hand, and renowned for its unlimited-speed roads, irreverence towards religion, and complete lack of public education. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 22.604 billion Sedgistanis live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, liberal, pro-business, outspoken individuals is effectively ruled by the Department of Education, with Spirituality and Welfare not funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rockall. Income tax is unheard of.
The enormous but sluggish Sedgistani economy, worth a remarkable 2,054 trillion pounds a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Soda Sales, Book Publishing, and Information Technology. Average income is 90,893 pounds, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 590,366 per year while the poor average 5,577, a ratio of 105 to 1.
No one knows how to tie a reef knot, the nation is known abroad mostly for its Parliamentary antics, the government has completely eliminated all childcare programs, and computer users are buried daily in thousands of unsolicited emails. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Sedgistan's national animal is the greyhound, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sedgistan approved the World Assembly proposal "Commend Yggdrasil".
- : Sedgistan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Canterlot".
- : Sedgistan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend the Rejected Realms".
- : Sedgistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Responsibility in Transferring Arms".
- : Sedgistan approved the World Assembly proposal "Responsibility in Transferring Arms".
- : Sedgistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Forest".
- : Sedgistan was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector and the Top 10% for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry and Largest Mining Sector.
- : Sedgistan approved the World Assembly proposal "Commend Forest".
- : Sedgistan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Internet Neutrality Act".
- : Sedgistan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "World Assembly Central Library Compact".
Endorsements Received: 1 » Crazy girl.