The Oh My GOD! What were they thinking! He's a MODERATOR! of Sedgistan is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Sedge with a fair hand, and notable for its irreverence towards religion, complete lack of public education, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 28.76 billion Sedgistanis live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, corrupt, liberal, pro-business, outspoken individuals keep a keen eye out for any attempt to organize such a thing, and ruthlessly crush it. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rockall. Income tax is unheard of.
The large but stagnant Sedgistani economy, worth 710 trillion pounds a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Soda Sales, Gambling, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is 24,693 pounds, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 140,716 per year while the poor average 2,104, a ratio of 66.9 to 1.
Fifty years of pension funds can disappear in half a second, nervous homeowners have been blamed for rising death rates amongst carol singers and locksmiths, agricultural employees work for peanuts, and employees are told they can avoid traffic jams by starting work at 4 AM. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Sedgistan's national animal is the greyhound, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sedgistan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- : Sedgistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn A Bloodred Moon".
- : Sedgistan was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Following new legislation in Sedgistan, employees are told they can avoid traffic jams by starting work at 4 AM.
- : Following new legislation in Sedgistan, agricultural employees work for peanuts.
- : Following new legislation in Sedgistan, nervous homeowners have been blamed for rising death rates amongst carol singers and locksmiths.
- : Following new legislation in Sedgistan, fifty years of pension funds can disappear in half a second.
- : Following new legislation in Sedgistan, oil rigs in winter are heated by contained oil slick fires.
- : Sedgistan applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Sedgistan resigned from the World Assembly.
Endorsements Received: None.