The Oh My GOD! What were they thinking! He's a MODERATOR! of Sedgistan is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Sedge with a fair hand, and notable for its complete lack of public education, suspicion of poets, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 23.603 billion Sedgistanis live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, corrupt, liberal, pro-business, outspoken individuals is solely concerned with Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rockall. Income tax is unheard of.
The enormous but sluggish Sedgistani economy, worth a remarkable 2,883 trillion pounds a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Soda Sales, Pizza Delivery, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 122,162 pounds, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 724,528 per year while the poor average 9,481, a ratio of 76.4 to 1.
Ports have ground to a halt as no boat can reach them without trespassing, women complaining about lack of opportunity are told to "man up", Sedgistani TV is considered cruel and unusual punishment in other countries, and social networking sites have discussion groups devoted to planning terrorist attacks. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Sedgistan's national animal is the greyhound, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Sedgistan, social networking sites have discussion groups devoted to planning terrorist attacks.
- : Following new legislation in Sedgistan, Sedgistani TV is considered cruel and unusual punishment in other countries.
- : Following new legislation in Sedgistan, women complaining about lack of opportunity are told to "man up".
- : Sedgistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend 00000 A World Power".
- : Following new legislation in Sedgistan, ports have ground to a halt as no boat can reach them without trespassing.
- : Following new legislation in Sedgistan, it is often said that only Sedge could bring down Dàguó.
- : Sedgistan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Promotion of Recycling".
- : Following new legislation in Sedgistan, books are considered luxuries only available to the incredibly wealthy.
- : Sedgistan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry, Largest Insurance Industry, Largest Mining Sector, and Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Sedgistan approved the World Assembly proposal "Commend 00000 A World Power".
Endorsements Received: 1 » Parvani.