The Commonwealth of Seolia is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its pith helmet sales, ban on automobiles, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed population of 679 million Seolians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Crystal City. The average income tax rate is 67.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Seolian economy, worth 77.4 trillion dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is an impressive 113,987 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens simply have to point a weapon at a government official to get what they want, kids are told they can be whoever they want to be when they grow up, the delay between passed legislation and real world implementation is often a decade or longer, and anything is permissible when wearing latex gloves. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Seolia's national animal is the Northern goshawk, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Seolia, anything is permissible when wearing latex gloves.
- : Seolia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom of dress".
- : Seolia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Deadeye Jack".
- : Following new legislation in Seolia, the delay between passed legislation and real world implementation is often a decade or longer.
- : Following new legislation in Seolia, kids are told they can be whoever they want to be when they grow up.
- : Following new legislation in Seolia, citizens simply have to point a weapon at a government official to get what they want.
- : Following new legislation in Seolia, wounded veterans can only get prosthetics if they agree to become walking billboards for the arms industry.
- : Following new legislation in Seolia, every citizen must submit to DNA testing to be eliminated from police inquiries.
- : Following new legislation in Seolia, a new guerrilla marketing campaign for tap water involves government agents spraying random citizens with hose water.
- : Seolia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest.
Endorsements Received: 70 » Aelandi, Duby, Socialist Platypus, Pervincia, The Free City of Nelson, Charville, Liberto-Ancapistan, Cle Brait, GibmeMoney, Hubdova, Primis Tenebris, Crimson Eternal, The sovereign provinces of Mesha, Saraai, Hamptoria, The Psittacines, GreatBritannia, Erithian, Devonigondwana, Wakaru, Werstonal, Ciapore, Gatorstan, Cern Calba, Jossel, Hockeyyekcoh, BadBitchVille, Oktadonia, Zuelong, Sweola, Cyzixraqab, Eastern Starbowie, Stustu, El Blurkistan, Kurczak Mielony, Balan Bar, Deblar, United Cyber Tech, Danimpalia, Nova Briton, Ziroxeut, Nueva Rico, Untied States of Matter, Cramboria, Redamia, Elythrea, Terra Valor, Covoicotheval, Swiss Hommousionopia, Nibelia, and 20 others.Great Luirokitanea, Loveable Dogs, Tarzantos El Camosia, Vivenxistan, Land of Legacy, Tolerian Empire, The Spook Who Sat By The Door, StarGaiz, Atila, Boettger, Her Majesty Silver Garden, Flamboyant Fanboys, Tentoria, Washiwa, The Capitalist China Party, Aerospace And Freedom, Azaman, Arcus Iris, Saijan, and Litorauria.