The Manic Merchant of Sho is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Ya Boi with an even hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, parental licensing program, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.674 billion Shoans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kouru. The average income tax rate is 84.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Shoan economy, worth 159 trillion units a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 34,068 units, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law, ten-year-olds regularly found their own political parties, the government seizes private property for the 'good of the people', and same-sex marriages are increasingly common. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sho's national animal is the Matamata, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Shovinism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sho's influence in Entropy rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Sho was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : The Entropic Founder of 100th Day granted Embassies authority to Sho as Community Councillor in Entropy.
- : Sho suppressed a post on the Entropy Regional Message Board.
- : Sho lodged a message on the Entropy Regional Message Board.
- : Sho resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Sho's influence in Entropy rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Sho was endorsed by The Federal Republic of North Frezz.
- : Sho was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare and the Top 10% for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Sho was endorsed by Venchargeau.