|Leader||President Liam Lorleen|
The People's Republic of Sibariland is a massive, genial nation, ruled by President Liam Lorleen with an even hand, and notable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, daily referendums, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.598 billion Sibaris are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bellua. The average income tax rate is 74.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Sibarian economy, worth 344 trillion Hirs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Basket Weaving, and Information Technology. Average income is 95,673 Hirs, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
No one believes anything until it has been strenuously tested and peer-reviewed, homophobia is off the menu, all statues and paintings of dogs are being destroyed to avoid offending cat-lovers, and crossbow bolts fill the skies if so much as a sparrow flies overhead. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sibariland's national animal is the Blue Shark, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Christian Protestantism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sibariland was endorsed by The Holy Crimson n Blue Factory of Aluminum Oxynitride.
- : Sibariland was endorsed by The Crimson Kingdom of Westwind.
- : Sibariland was endorsed by The Meritocratic Kingdom of IndyCar Racing.
- : Sibariland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Following new legislation in Sibariland, crossbow bolts fill the skies if so much as a sparrow flies overhead.
- : Following new legislation in Sibariland, all statues and paintings of dogs are being destroyed to avoid offending cat-lovers.
- : Following new legislation in Sibariland, homophobia is off the menu.
- : Following new legislation in Sibariland, no one believes anything until it has been strenuously tested and peer-reviewed.
- : Sibariland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Regulating Desalination".
- : Sibariland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Apulita".
Endorsements Received: 23 » The Holy Principality of Saint Mark, Dalimbar, Liberillia, Pandaland III, Bran Astor, Fujai, Papercuts and Skittles, Wickedly evil people, Greynne, Recuecn, Pandaland II, Big Bad Badger, Fuentana, Surroosia, Gastenburg, Arracrania, Eienn, Plankstein, Nieubasria, Holmani, IndyCar Racing, Westwind, and Aluminum Oxynitride.