The Free Land of Significant Gravitas is a massive, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its daily referendums, ban on automobiles, and anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.002 billion Significant Gravitasians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Makaze. The average income tax rate is 74.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Significant Gravitasian economy, worth 110 trillion gils a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 110,094 gils, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Older citizens lament over the loss of law and order, photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in Leader's bedroom, the price of takeaway food quadruples after 6pm, and people are bored of easy crossword puzzles. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Significant Gravitas's national animal is the octopus, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Significant Gravitas was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- : Significant Gravitas was endorsed by The Holy Crimson n Blue Factory of Aluminum Oxynitride.
- : Significant Gravitas was endorsed by The Meritocratic Kingdom of IndyCar Racing.
- : Significant Gravitas was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Significant Gravitas voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Salaxalans".
- : Significant Gravitas voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Standards On Police Accountability".
- : Following new legislation in Significant Gravitas, people are bored of easy crossword puzzles.
- : Significant Gravitas was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Significant Gravitas, the price of takeaway food quadruples after 6pm.
- : Following new legislation in Significant Gravitas, photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in Leader's bedroom.
Endorsements Received: 21 » Bran Astor, Saint Philip and Laurence, Bhang Bhang Duc, The Holy Principality of Saint Mark, Fujai, Dalimbar, Fielure, Pi Island, Einherfell, Recuecn, Eienn, Av Libertas Vindex, Parinan, Avystan, Mediobogdum, Fuentana, Nieubasria, Papercuts and Skittles, Holmani, IndyCar Racing, and Aluminum Oxynitride.