The Democratic States of Skies9 is a massive, safe nation, remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, irreverence towards religion, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 1.276 billion Skies9ians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 26.6%.
The strong Skies9ian economy, worth 55.7 trillion Monies a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Furniture Restoration, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 43,620 Monies, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.7 times as much as the poorest.
Dessert dishes make up the Skies9ian breakfast menu, state media insists that Leader is the most fashionable leader in United Badlands Federation, national parks have long lines of different gender-specific 'Porta-Pottys', and student athletes gaze forlornly at abandoned Vultureball fields. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Skies9's national animal is the Vulture.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Skies9's influence in United Badlands Federation rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Skies9's influence in United Badlands Federation rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Skies9's influence in United Badlands Federation rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Skies9 resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Skies9's influence in United Badlands Federation rose from "Zero" to "Squire".
- : Skies9 was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Skies9 relocated from Crusader Knighthood to United Badlands Federation.
- : Skies9 endorsed The Democratic Republic of Noilteloni.
- : Skies9 was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Skies9 applied to join the World Assembly.