The Colony of Slawin Hall is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 335 million Slawin Hallians are known throughout the region for their efficiency and work ethic, as well as their general suspicion of leisure.
The medium-sized, corrupt government prioritizes Education, although Industry, Law & Order, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Welfare is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of DIU. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 45.6%.
The all-consuming Slawin Hallian economy, worth 29.6 trillion momos a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Basket Weaving, and Arms Manufacturing. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 88,442 momos, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 297,826 per year while the poor average 19,458, a ratio of 15.3 to 1.
You can get married in sickness and in health but not internationally, eerie glow-in-the-dark cornfields give farmlands an uncanny appearance, politicians "baring all" for the camera isn't always a figure of speech, and it's best to decline if Leader offers to buy a round of drinks. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Slawin Hall's national animal is the spoon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Slawin Hall was endorsed by The Republic of San Diego Islands.
- : Following new legislation in Slawin Hall, it's best to decline if Leader offers to buy a round of drinks.
- : Following new legislation in Slawin Hall, politicians "baring all" for the camera isn't always a figure of speech.
- : Slawin Hall endorsed The Republic of Pepinooo.
- : Slawin Hall endorsed The Devastation of Cro Magnon.
- : Slawin Hall endorsed The United Kingdom of Carvell.
- : Slawin Hall was endorsed by The Republic of Pepinooo.
- : Slawin Hall was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Carvell.
- : Slawin Hall was endorsed by The Devastation of Cro Magnon.
- : Following new legislation in Slawin Hall, eerie glow-in-the-dark cornfields give farmlands an uncanny appearance.
Endorsements Received: 27 » Bran Astor, The Holy Principality of Saint Mark, Big Bad Badger, Fujai, Chitra, Fhaengshia, Westwind, Estriacea, Liberillia, Dalimbar, Atheist States of Philippines, Nieubasria, Fuentana, Recuecn, Wickedly evil people, Holmani, Anuubis, Parinan, Bhang Bhang Duc, Papercuts and Skittles, Zoran, The Western Beastlands, Aluminum Oxynitride, Cro Magnon, Carvell, Pepinooo, and San Diego Islands.