The All powerful state of Sonania is a huge, orderly nation, ruled by sonan with an iron fist, and renowned for its frequent executions, vat-grown people, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 832 million Sonanians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Administration, and Industry also on the agenda, while International Aid and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sonania city. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 71.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Sonanian economy, worth 131 trillion Sonbucks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, fairly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Trout Farming, and Woodchip Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 158,147 Sonbucks, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 577,093 per year while the poor average 30,772, a ratio of 18.8 to 1.
There is a growing belief that consciousness is a simulated illusion within a computer-generated reality, the nation's water should not be ingested while operating heavy machinery, no one over the age of 35 has the slightest clue what is going on, and it is mandatory to learn evolution in schools. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sonania's national animal is the Sonaroo, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Sonania, it is mandatory to learn evolution in schools.
- : Sonania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Crushing Our Enemies".
- : Following new legislation in Sonania, no one over the age of 35 has the slightest clue what is going on.
- : Following new legislation in Sonania, the nation's water should not be ingested while operating heavy machinery.
- : Following new legislation in Sonania, there is a growing belief that consciousness is a simulated illusion within a computer-generated reality.
- : Sonania's influence in Kartokistan rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- : Sonania was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Conservative.
- : Following new legislation in Sonania, napalm is the tool of choice for disabling eco-unfriendly forestry operations.
- : Following new legislation in Sonania, Sonania is increasingly belligerent on the international stage.
- : Following new legislation in Sonania, citizens are frequently searched for illegal weapons.