|Capital||The Inner Sanctum|
The Walled City of Sonindia is a massive, efficient nation, remarkable for its avowedly heterosexual populace and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 1.073 billion Sonindians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The tiny, pro-business, outspoken government prioritizes Defense, with Welfare, Public Transport, and Administration also on the agenda, while International Aid and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Inner Sanctum. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.4%.
The very strong Sonindian economy, worth 50.5 trillion Pocket Maps a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Cheese Exports, Tourism, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 47,083 Pocket Maps, with the richest citizens earning 5.6 times as much as the poorest.
Sonindia has designated The Inner Sanctum as its capital city, every day's an auto-de-fé day, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes, and organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region. Crime is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Sonindia's national animal is the Defending Wolf, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sonindia published "The Constitution of Sonindia (Now On-Site)" (Bulletin: Policy).
- : Sonindia published "Serve Your Region: Save Sonindia" (Bulletin: News).
- : Sonindia published "Constitutional Amendment #1 (Passed Parliament ; Awaiting Public Vote)" (Meta: Reference).
- : Sonindia published "Honorific Resolution #1 (Awaiting Vote)" (Meta: Reference).
- : Sonindia lodged a message on the Sonindia Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Sonindia, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region.
- : Following new legislation in Sonindia, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes.
- : Following new legislation in Sonindia, every day's an auto-de-fé day.
- : Sonindia was reclassified from "Anarchy" to "Corporate Bordello".
- : Sonindia changed its national capital to "The Inner Sanctum".