The Republic of Sor Euriter is a very large, safe nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, irreverence towards religion, and restrictive gun laws. The quiet, industrious population of 183 million Sor Euriterians are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
The enormous, moralistic, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 67.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Sor Euriterian economy, worth 3.73 trillion dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Furniture Restoration, and Retail. Average income is 20,366 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, Harry Potter books are banned, TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas, and banning party poppers has been a real party pooper. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sor Euriter's national animal is the beaver, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sor Euriter's influence in Norden fell from "Truckler" to "Vassal".
- : Sor Euriter's influence in Norden rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Sor Euriter's influence in Norden rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Sor Euriter's influence in Norden rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Sor Euriter's influence in Norden rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Sor Euriter's influence in Norden rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Sor Euriter was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Conservative and the Top 10% for Most Income Equality and Most Authoritarian.
- : Sor Euriter's influence in Norden rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Sor Euriter relocated from The East Pacific to Norden.
- : Following new legislation in Sor Euriter, banning party poppers has been a real party pooper.