The Federal Republic of States of Carolina is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its soft-spoken computers, daily referendums, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate population of 566 million States of Carolinans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Raleigh. The average income tax rate is 66.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish States of Carolinan economy, worth 17.6 trillion Carolinian Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 31,100 Carolinian Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Small children are learning a lot of new words from a teacher with Tourette Syndrome, court verdicts are predictable to within a hundredth of a percentage point, ship captains always order a return to port at the slightest sign of rain, and prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. States of Carolina's national animal is the Cardinal, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : States of Carolina was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : States of Carolina's influence in North Carolina rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : States of Carolina's influence in North Carolina rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : States of Carolina relocated from The East Pacific to North Carolina.
- : States of Carolina resigned as Security Officer of The East Pacific.
- : States of Carolina resigned from the World Assembly.
- : States of Carolina lost the endorsement of The United Confederacy of Karatol-Advenra.
- : States of Carolina lost the endorsement of The Minister of RMB Affairs of Great Algerstonia.
- : States of Carolina lost the endorsement of The Galactic Confederacy of Stellar Colonies.
- : States of Carolina lost the endorsement of The Federative Archipelago of The Jamlandias.