The Federal Republic of Surroosia is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Kertanegra Barrameda with an even hand, and remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 956 million Surroosians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Essogosia. The average income tax rate is 78.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Surroosian economy, worth 113 trillion Rutiis a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 118,667 Rutiis, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Tie-dye has been outlawed for being 'too occult', the Ministry of Health has reported a sharp increase in the incidence of delayed menopause, police officers that upset their bosses get assigned to 24 hour stakeouts of bike sheds, and a widely accepted trade policy is "tit-for-tat". Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Surroosia's national animal is the Garuda, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Surroosia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Following new legislation in Surroosia, a widely accepted trade policy is "tit-for-tat".
- : Following new legislation in Surroosia, police officers that upset their bosses get assigned to 24 hour stakeouts of bike sheds.
- : Following new legislation in Surroosia, the Ministry of Health has reported a sharp increase in the incidence of delayed menopause.
- : Following new legislation in Surroosia, tie-dye has been outlawed for being 'too occult'.
- : Surroosia endorsed The Republic of Irador.
- : Following new legislation in Surroosia, whipping posts and lashes have been transferred to the Historical Museum of Surroosian Embarrassments.
- : Following new legislation in Surroosia, brave curators do battle with disorganised government libraries.
- : Following new legislation in Surroosia, search and rescue forces now accept cheques and all major credit cards.
- : Following new legislation in Surroosia, TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas.
Endorsements Received: 91 » Loegries, Big Bad Badger, Bran Astor, The Holy Principality of Saint Mark, Dalimbar, Pandaland II, The Undivided, Gilded Imperium, Fujai, Westwind, Bhang Bhang Duc, Resurgence City, Starblazer, Atheist States of Philippines, Cryland, Liberillia, The Unified Missourtama States, Q The Almighty, Saint Philip and Laurence, Leukogeras, Southern Gamedermark, The Fourth Redoubt, Gastenburg, Dilber, Libterraria, Probablynotverygoodistan, Imperial Eascalsh Ohavillbell, Gryphonian Alliance, Kittenlicious, Scationtanland, Greynne, Euarsia, Recuecn, Sensorland, Papercuts and Skittles, The United Republic of Westend, Kiensu, Einherfell, Ferroia, Pi Island, Kisovec, Holmani, Gracelantia, Arracrania, Matism, Zoran, Fuentana, The Antarctic Empires, Marshalia, Free Radio States, and 41 others.Fish Squad, Formenor, Archonina, IndyCar Racing, Amanohara, Av Libertas Vindex, Numpties, Ostellan, Durtoss, Eienn, United Auroran Republic, Plankstein, The Father-Land, Wyndward, Mediobogdum, Hiems, Eskaton, Mercia Regnum, Desirania, Anuubis, Saransh, Nieubasria, Isle Royale, Novasamita, Quevilis, Wickedly evil people, Eleftherios venizelos, Binoulia, Nas Crustium, Rikanhimel, Oometz, The Grandest Empire, Carvell, Sulphuriland, Pepinooo, Fallen Iron Duke, Saronistan, Win Mints, Giovanniland, Aluminum Oxynitride, and Irador.