The Armed Republic of Svanland is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Mikael Svan with an even hand, and remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, keen interest in outer space, and public floggings. The compassionate population of 8.048 billion Svanlandians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government is primarily concerned with Education, with Environment, Defense, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Svancity. The average income tax rate is 83.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Svanlandian economy, worth a remarkable 1,297 trillion Pissetassars a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 161,237 Pissetassars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
People can often be seen driving to work in war-surplus tanks, the Great Pyramid of Svancity can be seen from miles away, abortions are routinely performed in the nation's hospitals, and the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Svanland's national animal is the Kakstare, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Svanland, the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly.
- : Svanland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Svanland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Following new legislation in Svanland, abortions are routinely performed in the nation's hospitals.
- : Following new legislation in Svanland, the Great Pyramid of Svancity can be seen from miles away.
- : Svanland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Australian rePublic".
- : Svanland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Fair Arbitration Act".
- : Following new legislation in Svanland, people can often be seen driving to work in war-surplus tanks.
- : Svanland endorsed The Holy Crimson n Blue Factory of Aluminum Oxynitride.
- : Svanland was endorsed by The Holy Crimson n Blue Factory of Aluminum Oxynitride.
Endorsements Received: 53 » The Holy Principality of Saint Mark, Shaqolandia, Dalimbar, Fujai, Wickedly evil people, Papercuts and Skittles, Bran Astor, Kittenlicious, Kisovec, Crazy Waters, Recuecn, Dilber, Pandaland II, Westwind, Mirchusko, Neon Sweden, Akshireuya, United States of Northern America, Free Radio States, Big Bad Badger, Cro Magnon, Fuentana, Sensorland, Atheist States of Philippines, Loegries, Holmani, Bigstickistan, Einherfell, Kiensu, The Unified Missourtama States, Arracrania, Cryland, IndyCar Racing, Eienn, Plankstein, Pi Island, Av Libertas Vindex, Troodan, Nas Crustium, Mediobogdum, Liberillia, Hiems, Saransh, Nieubasria, Quevilis, The Antarctic Empires, Anuubis, Archonina, Durtoss, Volkason, and 3 others.Giovanniland, Biko Heljamge, and Aluminum Oxynitride.