The Prevailing Cooler Heads of Sygnafylki is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Halfdan Svarti with a fair hand, and renowned for its digital currency, sprawling nuclear power plants, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic, humorless population of 6.547 billion Sygnir enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, with Environment and Industry also on the agenda, while Defense and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vangsnes. The average income tax rate is 32.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Sygnir economy, worth 934 trillion kennings a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 142,723 kennings, with the richest citizens earning 5.2 times as much as the poorest.
Rugby players that knock each other over always stop to make sure the other fellow is okay, mining is the nation's most dangerous occupation, government officials sit helplessly as they are labelled 'Pompous Womples' by celebrities, and the nation has become a pariah for giving pirates letters of marque. Crime is totally unknown. Sygnafylki's national animal is the fjordhest, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sygnafylki voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Requiring Promulgation of National Laws".
- : Sygnafylki was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Sygnafylki voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on the Administration of Unwanted Substances".
- : Following new legislation in Sygnafylki, the nation has become a pariah for giving pirates letters of marque.
- : Sygnafylki was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nudest and Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Sygnafylki was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Sygnafylki endorsed The Empire of Free Iceland.
- : Sygnafylki's influence in Yggdrasil rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Sygnafylki was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Sygnafylki was endorsed by The Empire of Free Iceland.