The Free Land of The Anti-Centre is a small, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its state-planned economy, absence of drug laws, and devotion to social welfare. The democratic population of 29 million anarchists are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 50.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The struggling anarchist economy, worth 503 billion unquantifiables a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient black market in Pizza Delivery, Uranium Mining, Woodchip Exports, and Basket Weaving. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 17,352 unquantifiables, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Anti-Centre's national animal is the dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Anti-Centre updated the World Factbook entry in The Anarchist Union.
- : The Anti-Centre published "STRUCTURE OF THE UNION" (Account: Other).
- : The Anti-Centre published "STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLES" (Account: Other).
- : The Anti-Centre published "CONSENSUS" (Account: Other).
- : The Anti-Centre lodged a message on the The Anarchist Union Regional Message Board.
- : The Anti-Centre's influence in The Anarchist Union rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : The Anti-Centre was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Income Equality and the Top 10% for Highest Drug Use, Most Politically Free, Most Extensive Civil Rights, and Most Extreme.
- : The Anti-Centre added the tag "Socialist" to The Anarchist Union.
- : The Anti-Centre added the tag "Serious" to The Anarchist Union.
- : The Anti-Centre added the tag "Libertarian" to The Anarchist Union.