The Barony of The Empire of the Clarence is a massive, orderly nation, renowned for its ban on automobiles, anti-smoking policies, and complete lack of prisons. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 1.501 billion Empire of the Clarenceans are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Environment. The average income tax rate is 44.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Empire of the Clarencean economy, worth 89.1 trillion guilders a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Basket Weaving. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 59,367 guilders, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Dangerous criminals are often 'accidentally' sent on one-way trips to Maxtopia, the secret service is working overtime to find anyone publishing unauthorized material about Leader, soldiers are equipped with multi-million guilder battlesuits, and ice-filled coffins are ominously positioned in the corner of every hospital ward. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Empire of the Clarence's national animal is the falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Empire of the Clarence endorsed The Republic of Parmovand.
- : The Empire of the Clarence was endorsed by The Republic of Parmovand.
- : Following new legislation in The Empire of the Clarence, ice-filled coffins are ominously positioned in the corner of every hospital ward.
- : The Empire of the Clarence was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : The Empire of the Clarence's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : The Empire of the Clarence endorsed The United Kingdom of Idumetala.
- : The Empire of the Clarence was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Idumetala.
- : The Empire of the Clarence endorsed The ⌚ Brainwashed Bureaucrats ⌚ of Destructive Government Endorsing System.
- : The Empire of the Clarence was endorsed by The ⌚ Brainwashed Bureaucrats ⌚ of Destructive Government Endorsing System.
- : The Empire of the Clarence endorsed The Queendom of Eravonia.
Endorsements Received: 94 » Alunya, El Fiji Grande, The Rhein States, Yaorozu, Kasazzastan, Omnistria, Trillius, Great Bights Mum, Shadowrik, Daiz, Dreadton, The Nation that will win Soops for 9003, Koda-Land, Dar es Saalam, Gnomewatchers, North Bratislava, New Octicarg, Corfad, Amauri, Loutsland, Newpromisedland, Cuyan, Notyoutopia, Shibutani, Guer Aike, Racoda, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Federation Terra Australis, Zumlandia, 1 very fast endotarter, Duerrlewang, The Stratosphere Islands, Selfgradatude, Siwale, Sockmanland, Steampunk Ariel, Moubarakistan, McMasterdonia, Aratani, Calsolato, Wineclaw, Runeda, Sundred, Spartoptia, Makersaulache, Kwaj, Territorio di Nessuno, The Tampa Bay Rays, Solskjar, Pasargad, and 44 others.Glurponia, New Bremerton, Joodey, Holy Oranz, Altamonte, Sunto, PlanetPunk, Frances Francis the First of France, Xentherida, Angshire, Wisconsota, Ponantine, Unprintable Initiator, Miruma, United Kahndaq, Kranostav, Wilkshire, Warcaa, Yukti, PotatoFarmers, Loli County, Viridiann, Nothru Lerple, Pazair, Landnovia, The Iron Lions, Seenvorland, Vincone Cae, Sea Ghost, Black Templares, Clan Spaniel, Dabarastan, New Lakemba, Orado, Afcon, Zyvetskistaahn, United Anglo-America, Maott, Juggernautilus, Pallaith, Eravonia, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Idumetala, and Parmovand.