|Leader||Ana Maria Casallas|
The Socialist Republic of The Floridas is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Ana Maria Casallas with a fair hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, state-planned economy, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.567 billion Floridans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of San Agustín. The average income tax rate is 56.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Floridan economy, worth 169 trillion Peso Floridanoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 65,938 Peso Floridanoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
At least 1% of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs budget goes to Ana Maria Casallas's wardrobe, birth rates have hit an all-time low, beaches are empty as the shark population multiplies exponentially, and former strategic allies are threatening annihilation to The Floridas for reneging on weapons supply contracts. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Floridas's national animal is the Florida Panther, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Roman Catholic.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Floridas's influence in Mirror World rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Following new legislation in The Floridas, former strategic allies are threatening annihilation to The Floridas for reneging on weapons supply contracts.
- : The Floridas rejected a request from The Union of Rightwing Nations for an embassy with Mirror World.
- : The Floridas rejected a request from Stalins Holy Conglomerate for an embassy with Mirror World.
- : The Floridas voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Deadeye Jack".
- : The Floridas voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom of dress".
- : The Floridas was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : The Floridas lodged a message on the Hollow Point Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in The Floridas, beaches are empty as the shark population multiplies exponentially.
- : The Floridas's influence in Mirror World rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
Endorsements Received: 1 » Long Gravida.