The Federation of The Great Andes is a huge, genial nation, remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, ubiquitous missile silos, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 635 million Andeans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bogotá. The average income tax rate is 63.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Andean economy, worth 54.6 trillion Sols a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 85,959 Sols, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Nobody is allowed to stop the local daycare from reading Nietzsche to pre-schoolers, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites, the Andean Arts Council pays teenagers to sit through opera performances, and burial ceremonies have become as routinised as tax forms. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Great Andes's national animal is the Andean Condor, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Great Andes was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : The Great Andes voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Supporting People with Disabilities".
- : The Great Andes voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Lily".
- : Following new legislation in The Great Andes, burial ceremonies have become as routinised as tax forms.
- : Following new legislation in The Great Andes, the Andean Arts Council pays teenagers to sit through opera performances.
- : Following new legislation in The Great Andes, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites.
- : The Great Andes endorsed The Federation of Federation Of Columbian Republics.
- : The Great Andes was endorsed by The Federation of Federation Of Columbian Republics.
- : The Great Andes was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : The Great Andes voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Whistleblower Protection Act".
Endorsements Received: 36 » VW53Aland, Pakitsk, Zukchiva, H-Zhena, Staynes, New Leganes, Brotherland, Wallenburg, East Malaysia, Asendavia, Tretrid, Marrabuk, Greater New Cassandra, Evrigenis, Acronis, The Three States of Fortuna, Oofery, A mean old man, Mays Austrian Nation, EHTYCSCYTHE, Debluu, Tassirion, Coruh, Axdel, Lanwa, Dravida India, Santa Dystopia, Hellod Immury, Rainbow Vests, Dragons Blood, Distro-Spartica, Eastern Alksearia, BearStackof2015, Modra, Lorrana, and Federation Of Columbian Republics.