The Free Land of The IDU is a gargantuan, efficient nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 32.735 billion IDUvians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government is primarily concerned with Law & Order, although Education, Healthcare, and Welfare are also considered important, while Spirituality and International Aid receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Democracity. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 10.5%.
The very strong IDUvian economy, worth a remarkable 1,614 trillion conargoes a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Woodchip Exports industry, with major contributions from Retail, Furniture Restoration, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 49,330 conargoes, with the richest citizens earning 6.5 times as much as the poorest.
The tenet of free speech is held dear, voting is voluntary, the police force is on a recruitment drive, and The IDU has designated Democracity as its capital city. Crime, especially youth-related, is relatively low, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The IDU's national animal is the none, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The IDU lodged a message on the International Democratic Union Regional Message Board.
- : The IDU appointed The Kingdom of Legionas as Sports Minister with authority over Communications and Polls in International Democratic Union.
- : The IDU appointed The Commonwealth of Democratic Republic of Eiria as Vice Delegate / Immigration Minister with authority over Appearance, Border Control, Communications, and Polls in International Democratic Union.
- : The IDU renamed the office held by The Social Democracy of Gardavasque from "Co-Culture Minister / Associate Cartographer" to "Cartographer" in International Democratic Union.
- : The IDU removed Appearance authority from The Republic of Libertas Omnium Maximus and renamed the office from "IDUSA Speaker / co-Culture Minister" to "IDUSA Speaker" in International Democratic Union.
- : The IDU removed Embassies authority from The Allied Provinces of Laeral and renamed the office from "Foreign Minister" to "Culture Minister" in International Democratic Union.
- : The IDU removed Appearance, Communications, and Polls authority from The Federation of Lauchenoiria and renamed the office from "Regional Administrator" to "Foreign Minister" in International Democratic Union.
- : The IDU granted Appearance, Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls authority to the WA Delegate The Huenyan Empire of Xiomera in International Democratic Union.
- : The IDU updated the World Factbook entry in International Democratic Union.
- : The IDU was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output.