|Leader||Sir Edwin Gregorious IV|
The Federation of The North American Republics is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Sir Edwin Gregorious IV with an even hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, hatred of cheese, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate population of 1.152 billion North Americans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Law & Order, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of St Fredericksburg. The average income tax rate is 77.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The North American Republicsian economy, worth 63.3 trillion Dollars a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 54,967 Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Bigtopian interference in domestic elections is always democratically sanctioned, prisons are filled with the cackles and sobs of a deranged inmate population, Sir Edwin Gregorious IV has just been declared ruler of The North American Republics in an international press conference, and corporate lawyers are joyfully combing through the new tax code for any new loopholes for their clients. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The North American Republics's national animal is the Double-headed Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The North American Republics's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : The North American Republics's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : The North American Republics's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : The North American Republics was refounded in Balder.
- : The North American Republics ceased to exist in The East Pacific.
- : The North American Republics was endorsed by The United Serb states of BTProductions.
- : The North American Republics's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Following new legislation in The North American Republics, corporate lawyers are joyfully combing through the new tax code for any new loopholes for their clients.
- : The North American Republics voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend The Western Isles"".
- : The North American Republics changed its national leader to "Sir Edwin Gregorious IV".