The Republic of The Pierce is a huge, genial nation, notable for its rampant corporate plagiarism, daily referendums, and compulsory military service. The hard-working, democratic population of 215 million Pierceians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Administration. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 27.7%.
The thriving Piercean economy, worth 13.5 trillion Franklins a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Door-to-door Insurance Sales industry, with major contributions from Woodchip Exports, Uranium Mining, and Information Technology. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 62,596 Franklins, with the richest citizens earning 5.5 times as much as the poorest.
The armed forces are locked in an expensive and bloody war abroad to stamp out possible terrorists, peace talks occasionally rack up a higher body count than the wars they seek to stop, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings, and commuters often break into synchronised para-para dancing for no reason at all. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. The Pierce's national animal is the Pierce, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Pierce was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- : The Pierce was endorsed by The Imperialist Immortal Empire of Alexander the Magnus.
- : The Pierce was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : The Pierce was endorsed by The Cybernetic Utopia of Steampunk Ariel.
- : The Pierce voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate The Embassy".
- : The Pierce voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Right To Secure Digital Communication".
- : Following new legislation in The Pierce, commuters often break into synchronised para-para dancing for no reason at all.
- : The Pierce was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in The Pierce, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings.
- : Following new legislation in The Pierce, peace talks occasionally rack up a higher body count than the wars they seek to stop.
Endorsements Received: 128 » Corfad, Siwale, Beasluxia, Orado, Yaorozu, Venicea, Crusadam, Koda-Land, Shibutani, Yokciq Empire, Sil Dorsett, Aerilia, Former English Colony, Territorio di Nessuno, Cretox State, The AnCap Pirate Utopia, Republica Guilleana, Kocherian, Maratabat, Lulubellia, Clan Spaniel, Hamerica, Kromi, Star Kingdom, Shadowrik, Empy, Nodnarb, Kragsgale, Ellbonnia, The Democratic Kingdom Of Skaraborg, Aeolist, Bankowiata, Barabolia, McMasterdonia, Wilkshire, Guer Aike, Valentine Z, Sundred, Great Bights Mum, Vesteysia, Ethnon, Navsland, Illusia and Neverendia, Dar es Saalam, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Omnistria, Imperial Pieserged, Interdimensional Zone, The Rhein States, Zzozona, and 78 others.Notyoutopia, Bharathvarsh, Hardscrabble, Sachi, Moneyflows, Francois Isidore, Xentherida, Alorca, Kazoo Basin, Slyakanya, Odelinor, Dreadton, Valgarda, Zemnaya Svoboda, New Lakemba, Ravendi, Votak Matim, Travislavania, Loutsland, El Fiji Grande, Minich, The Pantheons, Wisconsota, Patrician, The Tampa Bay Rays, Runeda, Pallaith, Svenskskit, Sikol, Svenskan, Frances Francis the First of France, Blyskalia, North Bratislava, Maott, Heilhum Imperius, Madjack, Wineclaw, Figyjharli, Wapistan, Sanjurika, Trumpski, Andexia, Selfgradatude, The Ultimate Republic, The Republic of Free Peoples, Nalver And, Greater Afroeurasia, Dangine, Sunto, Questann, Lol2639, Siforpeo, Chips and Guac, Shotokonia, Servilis, East Akra, Fauzjhia, Simone Republic, ForestMythal, Xagill, Kranostav, Super Girl, Boston Castle, Xyrron, Libertania Democratica, Holy Oranz, Pasargad, Uzbek Khan, Yellops, Aryan Homeland, Tameside, BTProductions, Jaxikistan, Draconian Progression, The Jerichowan Country, Climeria, Steampunk Ariel, and Alexander the Magnus.